denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 308>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 2:53pm
IG can be very shallow, but I've met a lot of great people on it. The biggest difference is that the general knowledge is lower there.
Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:04pm
I've sold on eBay within the last year with no problems; not as high a price as wanted but that's the nature of the flea. Embarrassed
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:54am
I haven't used ebay (due to differences in principles) for many years until recently, when my kids pet stick insects laid close to 100 eggs, a lot of folks simply freeze/euthanize them but that goes against my very nature. The only way i could give these little eggs a chance at life was to go against my better judgment and sell them on fleabay.

I sat mini-soul down for his first lesson in commerce and we did the listing, i wasn't overly concerned with profiting because they didn't cost us anything so we undercut all the other prices for a quick sale, offering '£1' postage (oddly most of the other eggs were £2.20 postage) I even explained on the listing that "these eggs belong to my 8 year old son, and this was his first endeavour using ebay but please rest assured i will take care of all postage and packing so you will receive the eggs in perfect condition" He even wrote a little felt-tip note in each box saying "i hope you like your new home"
We sold 80 eggs in batches of 10 to 8 different buyers keeping 20 back to replenish, i gave mini-soul £20 for the fruits of his labour.
When i shipped the eggs, i sent them 'Royal Mail First Class' delivery without tracking posted in the dropbox inside the post office on subsequent days, we only sold them for £3/box but i was relying heavily on the good nature of the recipients not to claim that they hadn't arrived, but who would actually claim back £3 from the pocket of an 8 year old? you'd have to be a proper dirtbag!
Turns out 5 of the 8 buyers claimed that the eggs never arrived. One woman signed up on the day just to buy the £3 eggs, i emailed her to say that they were on their way and she asked "have you got a tracking number? i said "it wasn't worth her paying the additional shipping costs" and she instantly filed a claim with ebay. I broogled her email address, turns out she was a fund raiser for Children in Need, Classy!
One dude gave me possitive feedback saying the eggs arrived safely (he obviously forgot) this was 2 weeks after he claimed back his £3, i questioned it and he said they arrived just after i refunded him. The fucking gall of people.

If the eggs genuinely didn't arrive you would just ask for 10 more, surely?
Fucking perishing ebay c**ts!  I never mentioned any of this to mini-soul, he's far too young to loose his faith in human nature.
SLAB2 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 1:11am
I learned the hard way as well. Shipped my Crescent Down jacket without tracking to Canada. Since the buyer immediately requested a tracking code and reacted poorly after I said it was shipped untracked, I felt it might backfire on me. Anyway he claimed it never arrived. Ebay refunded him. Since I could not prove that I mailed the jacket I lost my money (and the jacket)
Now I always ship tracked; even for the smallest item.
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:29am
Originally posted by SLAB2 SLAB2 wrote:

I learned the hard way as well. Shipped my Crescent Down jacket without tracking to Canada. Since the buyer immediately requested a tracking code and reacted poorly after I said it was shipped untracked, I felt it might backfire on me. Anyway he claimed it never arrived. Ebay refunded him. Since I could not prove that I mailed the jacket I lost my money (and the jacket)
Now I always ship tracked; even for the smallest item.

OMG, Slab.  After I acquired your Freewheeler tee, you must have been especially traumatized when our respective postal services lost their brains for a bit.  Things eventually sorted themselves out but I'm sure it was way too much hassle for you.

Oh well, this is my chance to say thank you again and that I would gladly purchase from you again, Slab.  Same for Sally Kolchine and Herb Rockwell.  Thumbs Up
HP Sauce
SLAB2 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:11am
No worries HP; I knew I could trust you and I mailed it signed so I would have been covered by Paypal in case of actual loss

and you're very welcome Smile
Shorty Long View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shorty Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:59am
thanks for the info...i have a small collection of authentic vintage Levi western shirts that i'm looking to part with, but it appears that places like eBay are completely overrun with reproductions, which wasn't the case "back in the day."
Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:23pm
I have had two similar cases of buyer claiming that the item has not arrived. Both times lost the money incl. Shipping cost and the item of course. Ebay always takes the buyers side on these cases and if you don't have proof of shipping you'll lose. Both ebay and paypal claim that "you're covered" but really that only goes for buyers.

I have lots of pictures and hand measurements when i sell something so i feel that i am entitled to put "no returns" on the item. Recently a bloke claimed that the trousers of a suit had a spot. I knew there wasn't and let ebay know that but there was nothing i could do. Buyer returned the suit and sure enough there was not a single spot on the trousers.

Ebay and paypal also both take a comission and that easily amounts to 10-15% of the selling price.

Still there are very few global alternatives...
Too much Denim - too little time...
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Shorty Long Shorty Long wrote:

thanks for the info...i have a small collection of authentic vintage Levi western shirts that i'm looking to part with, but it appears that places like eBay are completely overrun with reproductions, which wasn't the case "back in the day."
ohhhh PM me would ya?
SLAB2 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:39pm
there's always Grailed but grailed and paypal fees also cost 10% of the selling price. People on Grailed tend to lowball on the offers as well
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 254255256257258 308>
  Share Topic