denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 181>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shorty Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:18pm
I’ve heard Gustin is doing great things these days. GREAT customer service is the word on the street.

Originally posted by mattymo mattymo wrote:

Just had a super disappointing interaction with Roy. I purchased a pair of the RS00 jeans today and later received a refund because he had oversold that size. I get that I am not entitled to his clothes and I am not stomping my feet and throwing a fit as described above. However, he did offer to sell me jeans, I accepted the offer, paid him money, and received conformation through PayPal. He then backed out of the transaction.

I politely told him I have wanted his jeans for over five years and that I was disappointed and asked if he could reserve me a pair on his next run given the circumstances. He went on to mock me for being disappointed, referred to me as a "turd", stated I was getting on his nerves, and said he would rather slit his wrists than put on an act to sell me something.

I am completely shocked as this is someone I looked up to for a long time. From my perspective, it seems like he has no appreciation for the people who have an interest in his clothes given the high demand. It seems like he has the impression that he can act however he wants. I will gladly forward anyone the exchange. 
The Librarian View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Librarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:38pm
I literally laughed out loud at that post. I'm sure the last thing Roy wants is needy customers.
mattymo View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattymo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:42pm
Can you please explain how I am a needy customer?
Sarwa7i View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarwa7i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:47pm
Goddamn! What a mean guy. Due to your bad experience i will no longer buy any jeans from this shitty guy in protest against his hurtful words against my fellow human being. I recommend putting your exprience on yelp too!! And giving him a 1/2 star. That will really spread the word like peanut on butter
mattymo View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mattymo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:54pm
You don't need to be cynical. I have had a bunch of people with similar experiences reach out to me. If you don't have anything positive to say why even comment? Are you trying to look cool with your lame quips?
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 7:59pm

You don't need to be cynical. I have had a bunch of people with similar experiences reach out to me. If you don't have anything positive to say why even comment? Are you trying to look cool with your lame quips?

Roy is a lot like a honey badger- he really doesn’t give a shit, he’s only making jeans because he still enjoys doing it-that’s it- don’t expect anything, if you wind up getting a pair you do- if you don’t- you don’t- you can complain......but it won’t do you much good.
Blood&Thunder View Drop Down

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Blood&Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 10:17pm

Just had a super disappointing interaction with Roy. I purchased a pair of the RS00 jeans today and later received a refund because he had oversold that size. I get that I am not entitled to his clothes and I am not stomping my feet and throwing a fit as described above. However, he did offer to sell me jeans, I accepted the offer, paid him money, and received conformation through PayPal. He then backed out of the transaction.

I politely told him I have wanted his jeans for over five years and that I was disappointed and asked if he could reserve me a pair on his next run given the circumstances. He went on to mock me for being disappointed, referred to me as a "turd", stated I was getting on his nerves, and said he would rather slit his wrists than put on an act to sell me something.

I am completely shocked as this is someone I looked up to for a long time. From my perspective, it seems like he has no appreciation for the people who have an interest in his clothes given the high demand. It seems like he has the impression that he can act however he wants. I will gladly forward anyone the exchange. 

1.  Creating an account to tell a bunch of members, who are very loyal to makers, about your claimed bad experience is the epitome of stomping your feet and throwing a fit.

2.  I don't believe you as I originally missed out on the Peanuts release due to a broken link.  He made me a pair and sent them to me a few weeks later.  I should note, this was the first pair of jeans I ever bought from Roy so it's not like I was one of his best customers prior to then.  My experience may have been different because I posed it as a question of, "will there be more?" rather than, "you owe me a pair of jeans."

3.  Like Sansome said, Roy does this for the love of it.  Everything he makes sells out the day it's released.  He doesn't strike me as the corporate talking head who sees dollar signs in every e-mail he gets.  Without seeing your exchange I can't say for sure but it might benefit you to go back and read your original message to him.  Did it come off as entitled, frustrated, dickish, prickish, douchey, or just plain annoying?  If so, he may have just decided to mirror your tone knowing full well, by his choosing, he will never directly sell you a pair of jeans.  <---  This is the benefit of being your own boss, having people beating down your door for every product you release, and ultimately not succumbing to the rat race.  
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 12:22am
Fuck me, so you've bought an item which it later transpired was 'out of stock' and you received a full refund. Tut Tut, Appalling!...absolutely appalling.

From a customer pov (if it was out of the blue) calling you a turd is really unacceptable, but from a supplier pov, Damn i wish i could get away with it, customers can be such a pain in the arse.
Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 3:50am
I probably shouldn’t weigh in on another brand but I know that I can easily track inventory on my site by entering the available stock, and then it prevents people from ordering after a desired product/variant sells out. Otherwise it’s just setting yourself up for little headaches like refunding people because they ordered something out of stock before you had time to remove the listing, and fielding then emails to explain what happened.
mattymo View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mattymo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 3:58am
Originally posted by Blood&Thunder Blood&Thunder wrote:

1.  Creating an account to tell a bunch of members, who are very loyal to makers, about your claimed bad experience is the epitome of stomping your feet and throwing a fit.

2.  I don't believe you as I originally missed out on the Peanuts release due to a broken link.  He made me a pair and sent them to me a few weeks later.  I should note, this was the first pair of jeans I ever bought from Roy so it's not like I was one of his best customers prior to then.  My experience may have been different because I posed it as a question of, "will there be more?" rather than, "you owe me a pair of jeans."

3.  Like Sansome said, Roy does this for the love of it.  Everything he makes sells out the day it's released.  He doesn't strike me as the corporate talking head who sees dollar signs in every e-mail he gets.  Without seeing your exchange I can't say for sure but it might benefit you to go back and read your original message to him.  Did it come off as entitled, frustrated, dickish, prickish, douchey, or just plain annoying?  If so, he may have just decided to mirror your tone knowing full well, by his choosing, he will never directly sell you a pair of jeans.  <---  This is the benefit of being your own boss, having people beating down your door for every product you release, and ultimately not succumbing to the rat race.  

I know you are a fanboy, but maybe you can try to sound slightly objective? I am not stomping my feet and throwing a fit around losing out on the jeans yesterday. i was just expressing my disappointment at how Roy handled the situation. If you think it is cool to treat returning customers like garbage just because he makes cool products that are in high demand, then that just shows you are spineless and have no self worth. Like I said, I will gladly forward you the exchange, I do not care if you believe me. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 181>
  Share Topic