Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 181>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roy
    Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 11:17am
A thread to keep up with Mr Slaper's experiment.

Saw this on his site earlier this morning, not sure if he'll extend this to folks with OG's too or not (maybe?).

your patch here

On the latest run of jeans (RS3 and RN3), I didn’t do any “faux aging” on the patch. They are just treated with neatsfoot oil (explore that term if you are so inclined) and smoothed out. Since I am curious how they will look after a while I came up with a way to entice people to send me pictures of their aged patches. Its pretty informal. Send me a photo. If I like it, I’ll put it right here on the screen and you will receive the warm feeling of accomplishment and a pair of jeans. Photography counts here; Its a combo thing. There is no time limit. Essentially, they take a while to look cool and it can’t be rushed. I imagine there will be a bell curve of admissions and as they taper off, I’ll pass judgement.

roy patch0001

ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:46am
great find robbie, heard about the new ROY jacket to be released soon as well. anyone else thinking of one?
faithless, the wonderboy
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 4:26pm
thinking, interested to see more details(... and the price tag.)

Though there is the slim possibility I could miraculously win the contest and get the unique one he's worked up.
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 5:34pm
Hopefully I'll have some new pics of Roy and the studio by this weekend. Any requests for subject matter? Specifically things. Don't say "denim" smartass rnr.
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:32pm
Machines!  I've been dying for Roy to update his 'Machine Spotlight'.

Also, maybe some kind of 'panoramic' type shot just giving us a better sense of his studio (if this si something Roy is cool with).

-rF

rnrswitch View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rnrswitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 5:50am
Maybe some outside shots of the studio.  I take it the studio is in an industrial part of Oakland.  Try to steal some shots of the denim jacket he will be releasing, but we know how secretive he is on that stuff.
ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 6:14am
i'd love to see some pictures of the denim he has been wearing/worn, as well as any secret fabric lying around. heh.
faithless, the wonderboy
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 8:21am
Could you get some pics of his secret illegal workers please? Maybe their appalling living quarters in the cellar beneath the sweatshop, sorry workshop!
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Maynard Friedman Maynard Friedman wrote:

Could you get some pics of his secret illegal workers please? Maybe their appalling living quarters in the cellar beneath the sweatshop, sorry workshop!

Already have pics of them:

mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 3:29pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 181>
  Share Topic