Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 181>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Denimetc Denimetc wrote:

The original Big Bro is one of my favourite pairs. This one seems to be much heavier denim. Specs sound very good though "

Specifications

• 100% Cotton 13.5oz Unsanforized "Black Seed" Cone Mills White Oak Denim. Regular Staple Warp and Long Staple Pima Cotton Weft. (Roy Developed & Exclusive)
  • 100% Pima Cotton Threads...  "

Looks like Roy decided to drop the arcuates on this second iteration of Big Bro. Wonder if he got slapped on the first effort...

I think the arcs were only on certain early pairs, i could be wrong though

Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 12:21am
^ i have them on mine that were bought online from SE. So, I think the whole first run had them.
Too much Denim - too little time...
topgearskin View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topgearskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 1:31am
Me too. I think mine were the last 36w in the NY SE store.
It was, for me, part of their charm.
cool_hand View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cool_hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 12:42pm
Not much excitment regarding the new Big Bros, was a time when a new Roy release would sell out with-in the hour of release!

I look forward to wearing them.
kevinwalks View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kevinwalks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 8:57pm
I miss the cinch on this iteration.  I also really liked how hairy the denim was on the first round.  It's the perfect summer jean.
clayton View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote clayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 2:28pm
It's not that they're not an exciting release but the lack of the buckle back and lesser so the arcs is kind of a bummer. However on the pro side it's a similar denim to the "contest jeans" so that's tempting.

I have another pair of jeans (by another one man machine) in the 2x1 "big bro" denim so I don't feel like I'm missing out even though I really like the big bro cut.
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 3:55pm
^whranch?
hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 10:26pm
Seeing WH Ranch spelled as one word like that conjures a sort of Hank Hill / Dolly Parton hybrid trying to say the word "wrench"
dwarffruit View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwarffruit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 5:25pm
Looks like someone is unloading one of the sample pairs from last year's Denimbro:

Too short for me, alas...
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by hollows hollows wrote:

Seeing WH Ranch spelled as one word like that conjures a sort of Hank Hill / Dolly Parton hybrid trying to say the word "wrench"

You makin fun of my accent ?

You wanna scrap?!

I am totally gonna start referring to wh ranch as wrench now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 181>
  Share Topic