denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 181>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by CSL CSL wrote:

Agreed, Dude. I'm waiting for it to warm up enough that I can do the live body in the tub soak.

That's a good idea. I know that method is slightly frowned upon, but I did it with a pair of jeans once and it worked perfectly.
fender View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by CSL CSL wrote:

Agreed, Dude. I'm waiting for it to warm up enough that I can do the live body in the tub soak.

Are you really gonna do that?

I've always believed it to be an urban myth.

Logically, it could only work if the jeans were so tight that your anatomy (inside the jeans) could inhibit further shrinkage.

Never wanted jeans that tight, so I guess I'll never know!

Good luck!!
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:06pm
Fender, I have done it once with Mister Freedom Vaqueros.
While I agree it's a trying ritual, I'm determined to do it this time around because Roy personally suggested it was the best way to go.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:11pm
^l've done it with a few pairs now, including my old Roy contest jeans. I can highly recommend it but you need a day to wear from the wet to dry cycle.
fender View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:17pm
I remember back in the 60's, when Levi's first appeared in the UK.

A few guys tried it.

Other than puckered skin on their fingertips, the results were negligible.

I have walked around all day in hot, wet leather jackets, but I know that gets results!
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:23pm
My dad was a sailor in ww2 & just after. He said it was standard practice to go in the ocean in new jeans to shrink to fit.
fender View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 3:51pm
Hey, CSL, I'm sure he did - but then, urban myths have been around a long time.

Have you heard the tale of the cute little dog being taken into a Chinese restaurant and finishing up on the dinner table?

Apparently, the ancient Egyptians told the same tale, but back then it was itinerant Phoenecian restauranteurs that were responsible!

So, I guess maybe the jeans thing has been around as long as jeans have.

Great story though!

Edited by fender - 09 Mar 2018 at 4:15pm
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 5:44pm
The seller already cold soaked the pair I bought and got 2” shrink in the waist so they’re at 35”
I will be doing a hot wash and dryer to get out all shrink possible.
I’ll post pre and post hot wash/dryer results
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 7:24am
Fit pic at work yesterday of the Memorial jeans after two trips through the wash and one trip through the dryer.
Initially only washed and hung them to dry, but they felt pretty big still. Decided to get all the shrinkage out right away.

Ben View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:51pm
Really perfect fit and inseam length.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 181>
  Share Topic