FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 181>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
misterh View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote misterh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 10:01pm

Joseph Hill View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joseph Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 10:53am
Of course the 'original' original prize was to be days of the week boxers (for which I still pine into the night...).  These duckys look sharp on you like a straight razor, and you earned them in spades.
dkatz View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dkatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 10:47am
mr randal- I'm glad you didn't get a pair, since it would have been super embarrassing when you, Mr 6 and I all showed up to Inspiration in the same pants! Actually... no, wait, it would have been awesome. Go get some!

I'm pretty excited about them and the fact that they're unique (no word yet from Roy on whether there's anything else different about them from the Self Edge version - I don't have the eagle eye to discern whether there are any other minor differences). I'm pretty stoked.

Ran- initially, yes, it was going to be a jacket. It's more of a story than it's worth, but basically Roy decided he'd rather do something else as my prize. In short: the jacket was damn awesome, but we both agreed that it just didn't quite fit my aesthetic and lifestyle.
ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 7:30am
very nice stuff dkatz, good on you!

correct me if im wrong but what happened to the jacket? wasn't it supposed to be the original prize or did i miss something along the way?
faithless, the wonderboy
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 12:39am
Originally posted by dkatz dkatz wrote:

And a shameless crotch-pic to illustrate the evidence of cock ring:

Damn, D- that was well worth the wait! Those look fantastic, and are a one-of-a-kind pair too.
 Excellent photos.

I'm really excited about these too. I think they're already out of my size at SE- so I'll have to enjoy them vicariously through you guys.

BTW- Mr.6's pair also developed some interesting dye loss patterns during the initial soak (not visible wafter they dried). I have a pic of it somewhere, I'll try and find it and post it tomorrow.
illumin8em View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote illumin8em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by dkatz dkatz wrote:

Holy moly dkatz, good on ya'
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 7:59pm
awesome dkatz!
nick View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 4:14pm
You may have seen these on Sufu but here are my RS1s, 2 years of regular wear, multiple washes, still retained a good amount of colour.

dkatz View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote dkatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 3:08pm
Gave them a hot soak last night, as per Roy's instructions on the Self Edge website (except that they wound up soaking for closer to 25 minutes since I got distracted by word vomiting about Roy and showing Roy-videos to a lady-friend): hot soak in a bath tub with some hand agitation, then hung to dry. I didn't measure, but they definitely shrank up quite a good deal in every dimension. Since I soaked them a bit longer than I intended, I put a thin coat of Saphir Renovateur on the patch to make sure it doesn't dry out.

When I agitated them around at the end of the soak, the water turned a pretty nice brick red/brown, and after drying, I actually can see some wrinkle-spots where fading has occured. I'm surprised that this dye would crock so easily, but it's made me pretty damn excited to see how these look after some significant wear-time.

Getting these in the mail, with a hand-written note from Roy, got me all misty and nostalgic for the RoyxCone year, so I decided to pay some homage with my first day fit:

Favorite kitenge shirt
Favorite kitenge bandana
Zissou contest belt
Roy boxers (no vis; you're welcome)

Along with Rogue Territory ISC Supply Jacket, and army green chucks (which I figure substitute for the camo army boot sneakers I wore while traveling in the contest jeans, which don't fit in my bike's toe clips)

A hem job will come once I can tolerate taking them off for a few days.

And a shameless crotch-pic to illustrate the evidence of crocking:
dkatz View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote dkatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 3:07pm
At long last: the RoyxCone contest prize is arrived and in-hand! It took Roy and me a while to get this 

prize deal nailed down (the deatils of which mostly boil down to me being a pain in Roy's ass), but I'm 

thrilled to shit about it.

These are very similar to the new ducks Roy produced for SE, however they appear to be very slightly different. So far I've only identified two differences: the addition of a cinch (which is RAD), and the absence of a size tag attached to the leather patch. Anyone with eagle eyes out there pick up on any other differences? It's like a Roy-Easter egg hunt!

These ducks are fantastic; I'm actually surprised by how little comment I've seen about them thus far on 

forums and whatnot.

Fresh outta the box:

Internal pocket-opening reinforcement, with a neat Western-wear inspired (?) shape to it

Self Edge's pictures don't show the buttons, which is a shame because I almost wet myself when I saw them. Seriously blinging crotch-fly.

The cinch: a different design than the one on the contest jeans, and also feels (to me) to have a little bit of a Western flair to it, with the pointed corners

As per normal with Roy, the construction of every bit and piece is fascinating.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 181>
  Share Topic