denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

show us around your neighborhood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 11:17am
HP indeed as maynard-san has noted: fewer guns in uk, but pointy-things are currently one of the easier killing tools of choice 4 lots of london young 'uns / yutes... easy to get hold of, easy to use... hard to let go of... 

not that far from where the shots are taken...
bartlebyyphonics View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 12:21pm
and as promised; a short bus excursion (no more than 30 mins)...
not all camberwell urban 
there can be quite the pastoral feel
its origin is as an C. 18th housing strip; moving from the pastoral to the urban as the C. 19th industrial revolution set a sprawl in motion...
some originals remain
and some new builds attempt some synchronicity...

with hipster new businesses in the edges
but still garbage a-plenty

a swift turn onto the main drag reveals the local hardware store (also top purveyor of whisky), the baths (built in 1892) 

and the leaves replaced by other debris...

but onto the no.12 bus brethren...

as promised: a pub turned into mosque, surrounded by building developments...

some shop fronts travelling up the Walworth road...

then nearing elephant and castle, another old man's pub (this time in mock-tudor) literally encased by surrounding developments... and oriental supermarkets for the international students housed en-masse nearby...

then a little shimmy onwards... past high-rise developments, art colleges [missing the stretch including imperial war museum and siobhan davies dance studios], hitting the river; st thomas' hospital, some other neo-gothic site of decision making, 

and then another seat, a booth, a site of true horse-shit...

apparently some pictures in here

and then turning up towards haymarket, its the athenaeum club & no shit: its a telephone booth, passing jermyn street part-home of british tailoring...

up regents st. - apple store a particular bun fight of cybernetic techno-solutions for the trails of life...

at the top of regents st. dismounting, amidst piss, drink remains or whatever... christmas preparations, self-portrait or creep shot... some more between shots for comparison to camberwell's betwixtings, 

and a short walk to the destination... clutch cafe to try shirts (all too small for this gaijin frame) but scores of two lightnings... suka jackets a fave... [recent jelado Alaska versions of interest...]

and then home: one more pub-to-church conversion to finish on...

likeacannon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote likeacannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 8:44pm
Finally got around to getting these up, welcome to my neighborhood.

My street looking south.

The local watering hole.

The theatre of the my neighborhood's namesake.

The daytime watering hole (and formal employer).

An (almost) daily walk across one of Portland's many bridges.

Down the street from work.

Just got lucky here.

Favorite mural in town.
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 5:05am
^^
Guys thank you so much for taking the time to share these photos. They are such a pleasure to gaze at.

likeacannon, I particularly love that Olympian statue reaching down to passersby. I had no idea Portland had that much architectural interest going for it.

For me, it's always been the place from whence came the "Old Dears" from the American branch of my father's family. The Dears were not cool at all, being given wearing to floral print blouses, cloying perfume, sensible footwear, and black persian lamb coats.

Guess it's time to revise my thinking.
HP Sauce
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:10am
Arbroath

The abbey

The lighthouse

Signage

Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:15am
Cobbles on the harbour side

The nets

Smokies!

Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:20am
Harbour wall on the way to a pint

Sluice gates that are never closed when you need them to be

Typically well maintained

Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:23am
Low tide

My fishmonger

Goodnight for now

Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:35am
For some reason Duke, i always thought you lived in Edinburgh Ermm
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 10:35am
Nope and I’m not from Arbroath either but this little town is my home now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic