denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LEROY STRAUSS *TOP TOP ELITE* WORLD TOUR.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 92>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 11:24am
The town is dying Neal but it’s a genuine little place - generally still a good place to live as long as you don’t need excitement

You’re absolutely spot on with the fit comment. I feel they’re a bit small in every respect but at least with the leg length then by cuffing them slightly it changes the impression of fit. Around the arse however is a different matter - they are just a bit too snug and especially at the thigh. I am quite big around thigh and backside but I was surprised how slim the top block of these are given I can comfortably wear FW in a 32 (although I prefer my 601xx in a 33 waist because I like the looseness).

Anyway, I’ll squeeze into them a few times more and keep the tour going best I can
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 6:42pm
I prefer the way you rock fw Jeans.
The Leroy look a little too slim. Ha
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:00am
Too small probably buddy - but they are a weird cut to me

It’s also genuinely strange to wear something other than FW. I need to go back years to now (I think)
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:00am
^What about those True Religions l got you for chrimbo?

In all seriousness l must say my FW jeans are my all time favourites. They tick all my crazy 'as near as dammit, to a vintage pair of levis' boxes, especially on the overall fit and sizeable pocket bags.
Shame they dont have arcs (well apart from the tour jeans).

Are those Leroys still an old timey fit, ie are the front and back rises still on the high side?
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:55am
I’m keeping those for Sunday best Doc

Well you I’m not gonna disagree on your wonderfully sincere and superbly accurate assessment of FW jeans - right’s right, right? But every body shape has a cut of denim that suits it best and unfortunately this is not a cut I appreciate or suit. Even a size bigger wouldn’t really be that big an improvement because they seem to be straight up and down, although oddly enough maybe going up two sizes would allow them to hang real loose on Hollows’ brilliant braces proper old times style.

And on that old timey fit, I’d say these are not that - I’ll post some current measurements but they don’t look or feel long on the rise (front or back)
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 9:53am
Thought they were based on an original pair of 1890's 201's Mike found? If so should have a heathly rise but as you said maybe a couple of sizes up would've been ideal. Looking forward to the current measurements.

Btw if you keep those True Religions as deadstock then they could possibly be worth double 20 years from now   
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Thought they were based on an original pair of 1890's 201's Mike found? If so should have a heathly rise but as you said maybe a couple of sizes up would've been ideal. Looking forward to the current measurements.

Btw if you keep those True Religions as deadstock then they could possibly be worth double 20 years from now   

A fiver?!! Jeez ... these are getting vacuum packed and stored away!

They may well be based on 201s but there’s something kinda out of place with these. I can’t quite put my finger on it - I just didn’t have the excitement on seeing them that I anticipated, and beyond that they look and feel more like poorly made reproductions than anything else.

I’m certainly not ungrateful at being allowed to be part of the tour, and I’ll do what I can in my own limited way, it’s just my feelings towards them are confused, which frankly, confuses me more.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:24am
A fiver!?
There's me thinking at least £17.50. Just shows how much l know the current market.

I appreciate your observations and assessment more than most on here, and l'm also suspicious that leRoy tweaked em as do most modern makers these days.

Still, more shots of your locale are very welcome and totally understand your predicament with the constantly changeable weather.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Duke Duke wrote:

... and beyond that they look and feel more like poorly made reproductions than anything else.

I like poorly made repro's.. of poorly made Levi's of course
I'll endorse anything for cash
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:46am
I suspect Duke meant poorly made repros of those rare True Religions.
Helixing my inner beanie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 92>
  Share Topic