denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LEROY STRAUSS *TOP TOP ELITE* WORLD TOUR.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 92>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheEscapist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 12:15pm
I am still happy to jump in if there ends up being an opening while they are floating around the US and will do my best to entertain if only because I am unreasonably afraid of making people on the internet unhappy with me. Solange's recent "Binz" clip has been scratching the itch for catchy, limited attention span friendly videos this week, but Tierra Whack's latest singles have been great too. 
Slimstraight View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Slimstraight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 1:46pm
Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 5:55pm
It's a Whack, Whack, Whack, Whack, Whack, Whack Tierra out there.
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

Now, come on you two.. you can't really accuse me of not posting my
fair share of content around here?
The only reason i'm not taking part
in the tour is because i want to give other members a chance, you see
enough of my escapades in the many other threads... believe it or not, my life has a tendancy to get in the way too.

Ive done what i can to try and organise this tour for another year and i'm not even a mod, nobody else
f**king bothered, ive even blown off TheEscapist and ignored others because i
wasn't confident they would offer us any entertainment value...

This isn't a dig at you likeacannon, Maynard and I were just having a bit of a laugh LOL

Here's to Cozzie's leg Thumbs Up

Neal, Neal, Neal.
I wasn't accusing anyone of not posting enough content, especially you of all people. I mean denimbro is literally 50% a Double0 tour as it is, which is much appreciated.
If you read my OP all l said was...

"Don't take it too literally, likeacannon. It's easier to make lighthearted comments about lack of content or photos when you've never actually taken part in a denim tour."

This was to try and make likeacannon feel a bit better about his lack of content (plus l was unaware that either yourself, or Maynard, had ever participated in one).
I've only taken part in two tours and while l tried hard to make a go of it, others within the tour encountered issues that tainted their month so much that it became a non-starter (and as you said, February is a short month )
Just trying not to put other potential members off from throwing their hat into the ring, rather than throwing the towel in. And l did say 'lighthearted' so there's no need to go into Alf Garnet mode there, me old mucker.

Yeah I am confused how you or I implied that anyone wasn't posting enough content.

My only two points were that it was probably a good idea not to trash the LeRoys and that Groundhog Day is a fun movie.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 10:08pm

Don't take it too literally, likeacannon. It's easier to make lighthearted comments about lack of content or photos when you've never actually taken part in a denim tour.

Originally posted by dudewuttheheck dudewuttheheck wrote:

Well said.

dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 10:49pm

Don't take it too literally, likeacannon. It's easier to make lighthearted comments about lack of content or photos when you've never actually taken part in a denim tour.

Originally posted by dudewuttheheck dudewuttheheck wrote:

Well said.

I'm not sure how that implies that you do not post enough content generally. From my perspective, you post not only the largest amount, but also generally the most in depth posts on here, especially lately. If I made it seem that I did not understand or appreciate that, I do apologize for that. Certainly, that is not how I feel in the slightest.

Additionally, I did not intend to implicate you specifically when responding to the good Doctor. Several people commented on the lack of updates.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, my "well said" was in response to the comments on the idea that not wearing the LeRoys during manual labor and destroying them was a smart move. This is why I elaborated on this point specifically and said absolutely nothing about denim tour participation comment. Perhaps I should have clarified further, my apologies once again.

All I meant to say is that:

1. I understand why likeacannon did not post many pictures and I think it was respectful to show restraint rather than trash the LeRoys (which we all know are some extremely rare and special jeans and which I genuinely believe will be worth an insane amount of money in several decades).

2. Groundhog Day is a great freaking movie and I love Bill Murray!!!!LOL

3. Seriously. I probably would not have even responded if it were not for the Groundhog Day discussionBig smile
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:30pm
That's fine dude, no need to apologise!

I wasn't trying to rake over old ground, or prompt an ego massage, but you're too kind Embarrassed

I was just quoting the points which i was responding to, y'know, try and clear up the confusion.

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:01am

No apology necessary, folks getting the wrong end of the stick makes up 23% of our content.

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:10am
Don’t worry Neal, I know it’s really peeps having a dig at me for not participating in any tours yet commenting on those who do so half-heartedly. Luckily I’m too dozy and thick-skinned to realise this though
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:38am
Meh, If somebody is kind enough to send you a dope pair of strides and somebody else pays the postage and you only post 2 photo's you've got to expect the odd snarky comment or 4, likeacannon took it on the chin, its only us lot still causing a fuss.
I often check DB in the morning and think to myself ooh! 8 posts in the suchandsuch thread whats all this about? aw.. its that shit i instigated the previous evening and completely forgot about so don't take things personally people, if i can't remember posting it, its not something ive put a great deal of thought into.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 92>
  Share Topic