denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LEROY STRAUSS *TOP TOP ELITE* WORLD TOUR.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 92>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 1:07pm
the Preston pix are top notch!
my favourite part of the barbican in london is the fixtures and fittings...
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 2:48am
Yeah, the barbican interiors are wonderful. Haven't been for a while, but I try to visit whenever I'm in London. 

Among other things, I run a record label releasing music on cassette (some of you might like the latest release, some deep & psychedelic techno stuff - hit me up if you'd like a free download code for the MP3s).  A promoter in Liverpool asked me to do a cassette DJ set at an all-dayer he was organising in merseyside this weekend, so I offered to play a set of old school jungle off two walkmans... This is the set I put together.

this is the set highlight I think, off DJs Unite Vol 2 - one of many side projects by Mark Pritchard of Global Communications.

The venue for the alldayer was in the grounds of a ruined priory in Birkenhead, a port town just over the river Mersey from Liverpool. A great venue - this weird little oasis in the middle of a vast industrial estate. 

... and right next to a gigantic shipyard.

the views from the top of the priory tower are spectacular:

From left to right, you can see the Liver building, the RIBA museum and Museum of Liverpool, Albert Dock (which houses among other things the Tate Gallery Liverpool), The Echo arena, the Catholic Cathedral (fans of brutalism should check more detail of this out), and the anglican cathedral. 

and the shipyard next door:

Me & mrs B snuck out for a turkish meal at teatime (mrs B wears a Levis M&C jumpsuit which quite frankly I'm quite jealous of)

... and then the rest of the afternoon lounging in the sun. 

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 3:28am
Nice one killer, that priory is a bit surreal, like some kind of folly. Is that neighbouring shipyard the one that’s building Boaty McBoatface, the new Antarctic research vessel?

Also, do they still play Gerry Marsden’s “Ferry Cross the Mersey” on the ferry?!
Helixing my inner beanie
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 2:46pm
I've no idea about the shipyard sorry, but they appear to be servicing existing boats rather than building new ones.

I'm sure ferry cross the Mersey blasts 24 hours out of the Mersey ferry loudspeakers. They love that shit in Liverpool.
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 7:31am
As promised earlier in the thread, I went to the comic art exhibition in the city museum: of most interest was the room dedicated to local comic artist Leo Baxendale. 

Baxendale is most famous for his work for DC Thompson - while working at The Beano he created the Bash Street Kids, Minnie the Minx and Little Plum, among many others for the Beano and other Thompson titles. 

They had a number of original artwork from some great 1950s Bash Street Kids & Minnie the Minx strips, which I photographed for you, against the rules of the gallery... 

killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 7:47am
I'm going to post these jeans on to illumin8em in the next couple of days - anyone got any tips on how best to avoid customs charges etc between here (the UK) and the states?
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 1:03pm
There shouldn't be an issue with customs charges, only thing you will have to consider would be insurance for loss/declared value, (you get £50 worth of cover free) if i was you i would just wing it and declare the value at £50 cos its going to cost you £20odd quid even without insurance and you can't prove the value anyhow, as long as you get a tracking number your good.
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 2:49pm
Thanks!

A couple more pix from the weekend btw, by an actual photographer this time so it looks good...

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 3:29pm
International Cassette Store Day on October 13!
Helixing my inner beanie
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 3:47pm
It is too - i may get round to doing something for it this year...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 92>
  Share Topic