denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Worst Thing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Slimstraight Slimstraight wrote:

To play devils advocate on the e bikes. (I don't actually care one way or the other about them). If it's enabling someone to commute to work on one instead of driving a car, then i'm all for that. Fewer cars on the road is good for everyone. 

In my area there's these share bikes and share scooter companies all over. Some are electric and some are manual i believe. That's hopefully getting people out of taxis and ubers too. 

Be careful what you wish for, this is what some places in my neck of the woods looks like:

LOL
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 2:25am
The problem as i see it is... everyone is on a single level, now im not one of them highfalutin 'route planners' but im sure we would be better off with a multi-level approach, i appreciate that traditional building materials like concrete and tarmac would be impractical so i would propose something similar to Scalextric.
We could combat the waste plastics floating around in our oceans by collecting it all up in a giant sieve and recycling it into sections of track, the seasalt needn't be a byproduct because it be incorporated into the compound as a de-icer for the colder months. When a section of track becomes worn out or damaged just pull it apart and shove a fresh section in, everyone would be going the same speed (ultra-fast) and on a preset course so no chance of collisions and even in worst case scenarios we can just have a loop the loop down to the next section.
As our population grows we can build it higher and even though the folks at higher altitude would have much further to travel they needn't worry about being late for work because their watch will have slowed down due to kinematic time dilation.

Originally posted by dudewuttheheck dudewuttheheck wrote:

Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

Cosplay, pure and simple, just like all those folk in biker boots, leather jackets and 50s reproduction jeans, all dressed up like James Dean to drive their nice car to work in an office

Jokes on you! I don't have a nice car

He he!

Edited by Double 0 Soul - 09 Aug 2018 at 2:36am
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 1:22am
Aaarh!

Gmail updated to their newest version yesterday with some very unpleasant new features, ive just has the first post-update email from a friend regarding sunshine, spending time with the kids and all good things, gmails new reply feature has already scanned the incoming email and filled in my response via proxy.
I have the choice of "I agree with you" "Have a great time" or "Very funny"
I don't have to take them up on their generous offer of course, i can do it myself if i could only bear to communicate with friends.... fuck, im going to ask Alexa to contribute to denimbro in future cos i can't be arsed Angry
Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 1:52am
Are they customizable? If so, everyone's going to start getting my "Cool story, bro" auto-replies.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 4:01am
^^ I’d imagine that email isn’t even from a ‘friend’ but more likely an auto-generated one from a new Hotmail function or something similar.
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 6:32am
I agree with you, Very funny
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 9:18am
[Musical sample from the 101 Musical Strings Orchestra]

I am not available to take your call right now but, if you'll leave your name, number and a short message after the tone, I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Bleeeeep.
HP Sauce
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 12:31pm
I was trying to make toasty soldiers last Saturday and the handle on the toaster wouldn't stay down, i sorted it with an improvised fish slice, using a tin of beans as a weight... It was only £7 from argos and we've had it for 12 years so we've had our monies worth.
I thought i would get a new one in the black Friday shenanigans, having never bought a toaster before i thought i'd better be prepared and had a peruse online.
WTF! terrible DJ and TV presenter Fearne Cotton is now a 'celebrity toaster designer'

Fearne Cotton Lily 2 Slice Toaster Lily

Its 'on trend' apparently Sick
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 12:52pm
She also hosts a Radio 2 show on Sunday nights at 7pm. I heard about 10 minutes in the car recently and turned it off before the temptation to drive into an HGV overwhelmed me. If you think her toaster’s bad, just give her droning, whining show a spin!

PS just get a classic Dualit toaster.
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 1:01pm
We used to have one but the timer dial stuck and burned the element out, it was only just out of guarantee, i know you can buy replacement parts buy my annoyance resulted in "fuck it, just buy a cheap toaster"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>
  Share Topic