Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tech Fabrics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by indigo_eagle indigo_eagle wrote:

I think, in Germany Quecha outdoor products are sold mostly by Globetrotter a chain of outfitter stores, that has been operating for many, many years and was originally founded by people passionate about it.
With the fashion of wearing outdoor jackets the business got very big in the last years and was sold to private equity fund. However, with online competition apparently they had some problems.
Quecha might be their private lable brand. Not sure, though.

Quecha and Quechua might be different brands? Decathlon (i think its a French company) have lots of own labels, BTwin, Tribord, Kipsta, Artengo, Kalenji, Olaian ect... all dealing with different aspects

From the trusty interwebz

It is worth noting that by relying on its own-brand range, Decathlon has managed to keep its prices at the lower end of the spectrum, while developing different pricing segments. The group, which was created in 1976, designs, produces and distributes all of its products independently. Initially, they were all labelled 'Decathlon' but, in 1997, the sport retailer, now worth an annual revenue of €10 billion, began to diversify by introducing the Quechua and Tribord lines, which have become household names in their own right.
indigo_eagle View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indigo_eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:55pm
I checked again.
I had seen Quechua (I misspelled before) often and somehow thought, that it was a Globetrotter brand.

But as you're saying, that is not correct.
Globetrotter has two own brands, but they're called meru and Kaikkiall.
They're also not selling quechua.

Decathlon also has a number of stores in Germany I saw. So, that's why the brand is quite visible.

Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

Originally posted by Duke Duke wrote:

Read all about it here.

Also there’s a good chance in heavy rain that a waterproof jacket will soak your trousers unless they’re waterproof too

You can read all about this^ on page1, including a possible solution Wink

It all depends what you need it for Daniel, if that's doing your day to day biz while its raining a Decathlon special will be just fine, even if the seams leak the odd drop of water, it wont kill you or the opposite end of the spectrum...you could go full on 'kitboy' LOL

Whoops! Hadn’t gone that far back Neal - I’m only new here

Anyway the table reinforces your point about how waterproof you need to be

Edited by Duke - 04 Dec 2018 at 1:57am
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

What do you use Duke?

These days almost exclusively Arcteryx. Their trousers are a superb fit on me and supremely tough, and their synthetic insulation fits and performs as well as any other I’ve tried.

Their Gore-tex jackets are very expensive but I got a but I’ve never paid more than 60% of ticket price and they do perform.

I only wear 3L gore because it’s the best at preventing ‘wetting out’ on areas under contact from pack straps and the like. I’m not sure many folk think about this despite these types of materials are water resistant DEPENDING on the pressure on the face of the fabric (I had an absolute disaster wearing Rab eVent carrying a heavy pack - completely soaked through)
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:38am
My mrs has recently bought a 650 fill down mid-layer from Alpkit, she wanted something lightweight but warm to throw on in the chilly summer evenings.

They're a nicely 'tailored' jacket with a good ratio between chest, waist and hips, rather than the usual sack o'potatoes down jacket, also it has long (articulated) arms which can often be an issue.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:41am
Get the cuffs shortened?   
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:47am
Her and dude could team up, the bits he cuts off she can stick on.. everyone's a winner Thumbs Up
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:52am
Forget Take Hart peeps, it's a melting pot of creativity right here.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:57am
What do you think? size 8

...or 10

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:10am
Maybe l'm putting my head on the chopping block, but the 8 imo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic