denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

...and the rest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote LazyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 1:11pm
Thanks ooms!

Fit looks good B_F! Was almost hoping they'd be too small so I could have made a deal for 2 pairsWink

Can you tell me a little about the rinse program on your washer? does it include a spin cycle?

Mine were on low spin and I got a little more marbling than I wanted.  I think it maybe has more to do with the denim or amount of starch? I washed 2 pairs that only had 1wash as a test before these and those were fine.  Will probably cold wash without a spin for the first several washes

Also, did you rinse with vinegar?? I have read some conflicting statements on the matter LOL

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by LazyS LazyS wrote:

... Also, did you rinse with vinegar?? I have read some conflicting statements on the matter LOL

Please don't go there. We dont want any condiment-related rioting on this forum   
b_F View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote b_F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:56pm

Thanks ooms!

Fit looks good B_F! Was almost hoping they'd be too small so I could have made a deal for 2 pairsWink

Can you tell me a little about the rinse program on your washer? does it include a spin cycle?

Mine were on low spin and I got a little more marbling than I wanted.  I think it maybe has more to do with the denim or amount of starch? I washed 2 pairs that only had 1wash as a test before these and those were fine.  Will probably cold wash without a spin for the first several washes

Also, did you rinse with vinegar?? I have read some conflicting statements on the matter LOL

Thanks!
Isn't one pair of nice jeans not enough? Wink

So the rinse cycle I use is basically that: I choose how often the jeans should be rinsed with water in the machine. And yes, there is the option of spin cycle to remove the water.
So my whole routine looked like this. A classic soak in the tub with water change once and afterwards, still wet, put the jeans in the rinse cycle of the machine (2 rinses) and spin with 400 rpm (the slowest option) to remove most of the water. I also got some light areas of marbling but really negliable.

Maybe I should have used vinegar to "fix" the colour? Tongue
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 11:31pm
I like those pumps, T. I'm not usually one for white but i'm a sucker for anything with a gum sole.

Knowing Sufu... He's probably an influencer for Sarson's
I'll endorse anything for cash
LazyS View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LazyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 2:45am
Originally posted by b_F b_F wrote:

Isn't one pair of nice jeans not enough? Wink

we all know that's never true Embarrassed 

I'm not one to have any duplicates in my collection, but I'd make an exception for these and the D-33's!

My routine is pretty similar minus the water change during the first soak. My machine doesn't really like me only washing 1 pair and  sometimes during the  final spin will force another rinse to try and balance the jeans differently in the drum.  I caught these before that happened, but It's pretty frustrating when it goes into an endless cycle of rinse and spins. So much for high efficiency

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:01am
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

I like those pumps, T. I'm not usually one for white but i'm a sucker for anything with a gum sole.

b_F View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:54am

Thanks Neal! I somehow like white trainers very much although they look dirty so quickly (I'm not the person to clean them after each wear). And like you, I dig the gum sole.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:50am
I actually prefer them a bit beat up/less white.

Is it just me or is gum rubber grippier/stickier than black or coloured rubber?

I would assume so with colouring being an addative/reduced rubber content but it might just be my love of it overriding my logic.

Probably a question better posed in the sneakers thread...
I'll endorse anything for cash
b_F View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 4:37am

Is it just me or is gum rubber grippier/stickier than black or coloured rubber?

Now that you mention it, they have good grip and they are squeakier than my other sneakers. But maybe this is because of the fancy wild rubebr from the Amazonian Rainforest?
b_F View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote b_F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 11:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
  Share Topic