denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

...and the rest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote redragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 9:31am
Neputa jeans/genus
From what I understand (some help from google translate), 
It is made by Warehouse for a small shop called Braverey in Hirosaki, Aomori.
(There is even a dedicated page in the warehouse website for it)
Really like the arcs & shape of the coin pocket.
Maybe somebody here can shed more light on this model (collaboration?)
WillFalls View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote WillFalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 3:26pm
searched did not find any topic, not an under appreciated brand
Oni Blue Fit, 18 0z. 4 years

Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 9:40am
Any views/thoughts/musings on FOB factory? I thinking of treating myself to a new pair of jeans. Option 1- buy another pair of Samurai S0500's, or option 2- try something new.

As i've got quite scrawny legs the slimmer straight cuts work best for me. FOB 151's seem to be in the right ballpark price-wise & fit wise but am I right in thinking they take ages to wear in? I'm not after fast fades or anything, but I do like a relatively streaky denim, and the samurai's do provide what I like....

Anyone got any personal experience with these?
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
oomslokop View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oomslokop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 9:55am
hogg... err massivebonanza should chime in in a sec 1 2 3 4
rakuten is entertainment
massivebonanza View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 10:13am
Pig Oink?
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:09am
Fob are far more popular on the Japanese blogs than outside into Western appreciation.
They are also an OEM producer of other store brands, but the only pair I actually have any experience with are the F191 (early 40's WWII lot). 

I think they're great, and although I don't really like the 'newer' four digit models, the classic stuff is certainly worth looking at - past F087 and F099, now discontinued F098 (a '47 lot) etc. They've also released their newer 66 cut, the F163 to replace the discontinued F161 albeit in rather a heavy weight denim.

To be honest I haven't really kept up with it since going off radar a while ago and getting bored with it all, but there's some suggestion that their classic 14.5oz XX denim is shared between the F098, F191 and F151. I'm not certain how true this is, but if you look at the button picture of each model the fabric looks pretty similar to my eye.

F098

F151

F191

I presume you're looking at them at Denimio? 

Might as well check some other sites for more images, measurements and fit etc

(I've bought from Clever by the way - good)

Now to get to point - the fabric is not slubby, irregular or streaky. Rather it is quite even, and doesn't fade with much falling at all. So in this respect while I would love to recommend FOB they may not be what you're looking for. 

I was though pretty enamoured with the fabric; hairy, and very dark inky appearance after soak. They did get hot though, a combination of how much they tightened up after the hot soaking and perhaps feeling thicker than the 14.5oz weight suggested. I believe I once referred to it almost like felt or moleskin. Except stiffer. 

My experience is that yes they did take quite some time to break in and offer any fading at all. Actually I wish I had been more patient and held off longer from the many hot washes I gave them as I think I ruined them.

I also found that they took some time to stretch, I sized true (? or possibly not, I'll dig out pics) and felt pretty cramped until they expanded. Once they had stretched and I'd broken them in I suppose they never subsequently shrunk back to being too tight despite trips through hot wash.

Anyway I'll see if I can find all my old pics. 
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:41am
OK, bonus old pic time. Part 1.

Raw (back in 2013!)

Raw fabric and buttons

Bit of construction. Quite tidy.

Stood up, nice plaid pockets. Or whatever you call it.

Raw fit! 

They're a size 34 by the way. You may be concerned that they could turn out a little tight at this point.

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:42am
Well you might be right. Part 2.

They were also even more rigid soaked than raw. But then of course that is exactly what happens when you soak raw denim. 

Washed fabric.

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:43am
And into Part 3. 

A year later, of pretty much constant daily wear (I worked at the time at an industrial site so they were worn to work) I had still only achieved this. And with a regular wash routine by this point.

Pics were taken in direct sun light so the colour is a bit off, but you can still see the inky darkness I referred to earlier. Also at that time I had no idea how to work with ISO / aperture / shutter speed so everything was taken on auto.

Fast forward to today some rushed snaps to give you an idea.

Conclusion.

If I did it again, I would cool soak, and wear far longer before washing, only cool soaking as needed in between to loosen any grime and muck. Better in my opinion for the fabric, certainly in the case of these with how dense and furry they were. 

Over.
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 2:28am
Thanks for that. Very helpful.

Decisions decisions....
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic