denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

...and the rest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 11:19am
It's a great brand and I've been meaning to pick up some pieces from them especially since they have some nice products on the outlet page.
Their main male model is imo a perfect representation of the spirit of the brand. Lots of the references are from the criminal French environment and lets admit it; the guy looks like a bad axx.
I had the chance to try on a few items in a local shop and I seem to correspond with a size small (for reference I'm usually a size small in European heritage brands. Unfortunately the shop only carries from size medium Cry
JJsPop View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJsPop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:21am
I only have a fleurs de bagne beanie and the quality is excellent. Had a couple of years (wasn't new when I got it) kept its shape brilliantlly. Incredibly thick and warm, really helped to keep my napper warm through a long cold Aberdeen winter.
Out of my budget for most items but if I could afford it I would buy more without hesitation.
A_See View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_See Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 12:09pm
Thanks all for the info. Pretty sure I’ll be ordering something from them at some point in the near future.
Mr. Q View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Mr. Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 7:29pm
Picked up a Bronson M-41. It's really damn good for the price. The buttons and fabric are very similar to real ones. The liner is just as itchy even. There are some small differences that I can see: there's a missing bar-tack on the sleeve. The inner placket stitching goes up higher, and the buttons are sewn in a cross rather than two rows. But, several companies made M-41s so there may be some inherent differences. Either way, the Bronson M-41 is pretty sweet.

Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 12:43am
Ive just been reading about Patagonia's recent venture into the world of denim and workwear
$199
Image result for patagonia steel forge denim

$159

According to Patagonia the fabric is made by Cone Mills and is a blend of 92% domestically grown organic cotton and 8% Dyneema fibre (industrial hemp/polyethylene) so it looks like they are targeting the actual 'ethical workwear' market rather than fashion posers. They are both cut and sewn in CA and use organic indigo.

Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 6:02am
A bit of a shot in the dark here, but any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Yawara Miura (through his YM Factory brand) has made this front closed jumper reproduction and I'm stuck deciding between size 42 and 44.
I'm about 6'3", 215~220 pounds and while the 44 looks very wide cut through the chest/body I'm wondering if I should go for it based on the body and sleeve length alone.
At the same time the measurements for the 42 make more sense with what I'm used to in the body, but I've never worn or tried on a jacket like this so I don't have much of an idea how the measurements translate to real life.
Also the sleeve length seems incredibly short, maybe the measurements were taking from the under-arm?
Here are the measurements that he provided.
Size 42: Shoulders: 55 cm., Chest: 62 cm., Length: 71 cm., Sleeves: 58.5 cm.
Size 44: Shoulders: 58 cm., Chest: 65 cm., Length: 72.5 cm., Sleeves: 59 cm.
Here's a link for some photos (images don't seem to be posting for some reason): http://vintage.matin.jp/?pid=133460934
Thanks for reading, I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:05am
Holy crap Broark, that's a beauty of a pullover, i can't help you decide between the 42 and 44 but i might be able to help you out in regards to the shorter than expected sleeve quandary...

Take one of the images on your laptop screen, say this one for instance...

...reduce/expand it until the image accurately measures 72.5mm in length from below the collar to the hem on the screen, you need to use a metric engineers ruler (no shitty tape measure) and then measure the arms on the same image and if they measure well over 60mm (say 63/64mm) you know for sure that the measurements are a bit skew-whiff or taken from pit-cuff.
julian-wolf View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julian-wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:11am
^^ Boy, that really is a beauty. If I could find something like that with short sleeves I'd be all over it.
Fre-co View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fre-co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 11:11am
If I were you, I would certainly go with the 44 and wear it looser. Better to be roomy with a shirt like this.

Belafonte ragtime also make pullover shirts in chambray, hickory etc and I have the baseball shirt version.

Even a denim version this season:
https://store.belafonte.jp/?pid=132736461
Blackadder View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blackadder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:38pm
Went to this little shop in Tokyo last week.  

Bought this shirt at a great discount (old stock missing the metal collar stud)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
  Share Topic