Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conners Sewing Factory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 161>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 1:37am
Some further Friday musings..

To try and capture the essense of the age CSF go beyond a neatly reproduced pair of jeans simply just cut to specific proportions, they have tried to capture the inconsistancies apparent in the era.

I remember (i think it was) devilish trying to make a comparison between what he considered soulless almost too perfectly reproduced JP leathers compared to some American made leathers which he considering contained more of the human influence.
He didn't get far before being shot down in flames. I mean pfft! the gall of the man Wink but its these little imperfections we grow to love.

Wait a minute double 0 (i hear your say) only a few weeks ago you was spouting off about some badly stitched engineer boots in another thread? yes i was but they were a badly made reproduction of a well made pair of boots whereas these jeans are a well observed reproduction of a badly made pair of jeans.
I appreciate its a bit of a paradox. Which i suppose brings us back around to the line drawn between badly made and authentic reproduction.

Here are some of the inconsistancies Conners are trying to accidentally re-create (on purpose)
First up that wonky 40,s coin pocket

Look at the proportions here

Less than parallel, damn i love this pair of jeans!

And finally my favourite ever 40,s era detail

All above images are courtesy of Marvins ...Nothing you hav'nt seen before Doc_

Why do you want wonky jeans rather than neatly stitched? Well they reflect the era and i suppose its similar to the reason folks seek out the first edition print with the spelling mistakes or the coins minted without a date, Its the human factor that gives these things their perceived value far beyond their worth.

Anybody got anymore examples of wonkiness that we might not have seen? post them up here...

Edited by Double 0 Soul - 22 Apr 2016 at 2:27am
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 2:33am
Got a few here mostly taken from Instagram

Showed the wife these a while back ... just to let her know what I want for my birthday

Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 11:18am
any updates OO ? Snake ? 

been wearing the Cushman jeans ( conners made ) for about a week and they really are a cool pair of jeans , the fit took a bit to get used to ( really high rise )  but they are super comfortable now and i cant see myself wearing anything else for quite a while Smile

Snake View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 12:33pm
Glad you like the fit Flash. Beware, It's hard to go back to lower rise jean once you are used to high rise 😀

Not much to update but have been wearing them at least couple times a week. The fit is actually quite similar to Roy KS1001 with a straight leg. It's definitely not what I was expecting. Denim is highly irregular as I mentioned earlier. I will try to take some pic soon.
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 12:57pm
know what you mean mate , put my evisu 2000 no.1's on so i could run to the shop and the whole time i was trying to pull them up thinking they were sagging 

Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 1:25pm
Been wearing mine daily ever since, well... im pulling them on in the morning and switching them to a pair of SC47,s when i get to work, flipping back to the 46,s for evenings and weekends. They have seen a fair bit of hiking and dyed the inside of my wellies an attractive shade of indigo.
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 1:39pm
good to know your putting them through there paces mate , would you say the denim is fast fading ? 
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 1:12am
Hardly any crocking to speak of, the denim isn't particularly dark and i didn't agitate during the initial soak so they held onto most of their indigo.
The transfer is probably down to some wellie humidity.
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 1:30am
Thanks mate , after seeing the pair I sent you I have high hopes for the denim

Edited by Flash - 01 May 2016 at 1:50am
topgearskin View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote topgearskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 1:23pm
As an aside.
The term Conners was originally used to describe those responsible for testing and then demanding taxes from brewers. So the story goes, the "ale conners" would pour a small amount of the beer in question on the top of the cask then sit in it and drink a pint. The extent to which their leather breeches stuck to the top of the cask determined how much tax was paid.
This is linked to the fact that in the early stages of secondary fermentation there are still high levels of sugar in the ale, which was an indication of how strong the beer would be at time of consumption.

Conners would mark each cask with an X depending on the stickiness/ strength of the ale, hence why the strongest ales are referred to as XXXX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 161>
  Share Topic