Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conners Sewing Factory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 161>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:23pm
Looks very similar, would you say the best representation of colour would be pic #2 followed by #4 ?
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Duke Mantee Duke Mantee wrote:

Forgive me but (and I seem to recall something similar in the RMC thread) these are authentic rather than badly made?

Yes, I am being a little bit cheeky but where is the line drawn?

thats the idea mate , to be an authentic repro of a early 40's s501xx  , may not be to everyones taste but i think it is a really cool concept  
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

Looks very similar, would you say the best representation of colour would be pic #2 followed by #4 ?

closer to 2 but maybe a shade darker  
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 12:30pm
^^Agreed, I think its just a matter of perspective Duke, Comparing my S406XXX to my Warehouse TypeI the WH feels almost too stitch perfect even bordering on sterile its a perfect representation of what can be achieved rather than what was.
Duke Mantee View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Mantee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:16pm
I genuinely understand what you're saying guys, and I do believe in what CSF are trying to achieve but still there remains some misgivings that it takes great skill to copy what effectively were cheaply made originals.
hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:21pm
I think that it takes a different set of skills.  It surely takes sewing and design skills to turn out a pair of jeans that look as laser-clean as FW or Warehouse, but it takes a great deal of perception (in analyzing originals) and mechanical aptitude (in working with old, cantankerous vintage machines) to re-create those original quirks.

I make things out of leather.
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:28pm
agreed , id say most semi skilled seamstresses could do a similar job if they took the time to study the vintage examples , but i think it is the passion for vintage and the meticulous attention payed to all the little details on the originals that made the Conners product stand out  
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:28pm
Yup, there are no actual claims of "great skill" in this thread, Its the technique, the quirks from hand folding, the period correct sewing machines that i find most charming.
What also appeals is they are the closest thing this side of £4000 to those wonky 40,s Levi's that you see hanging on the wall of Marvins.
Duke Mantee View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Mantee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:42pm
Totally agree Hollows - the skills are most definitely apparent. I'm not suggesting the ability or dedication is lacking but there is that small element in my mind that I can't reconcile.

I guess my question is this - these original quirks CSF have introduced, are they the same in every pair of jeans they produce or different every time?
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:51pm
Its claimed that due to every fold being done by eye/hand without the use of an iron then every fold is inherently different which should introduce nuances found individually in each pair. Hence why they are only made by the one chap who has bathed in the holy essence of the Miura collection.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 161>
  Share Topic