denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conners Sewing Factory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 161>
Author
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:49am
Looks like we ordered ours at the same time Dude. Mine are no. 871. And the same size as yours too, W36 L31. But unfortunately my pair are very undersized and the waist has shrunk to 32.5" after a warm hand wash, and are now too small to wear Cry
volvo View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote volvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:55am
fabolous pair of jeans Dude. your mention about the rise makes me itching for a pair, sounds like my kind of stuff right there.

[edit], just had a further glance at the measurements? 12.75 inches it's still a high rise in my books, you sure? how do you measure it? from crotch seam?
volvo View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote volvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Inimitable N! Inimitable N! wrote:

great pics dude! I'm interested to see the difference between the CSF and TCB buckle back cuts...

granted, if you're going by the numbers and the replicas are relatively true to the originals you're talking about a 15 year difference between sources, but I'd still believe there'd have to be more similarities vs differences

well to me they're quite different as these CSF are inspired by a 1937 pair of Levi's, so no exposed rivets and no suspender buttons, which are two features of the 20s, which are inspired by a 1922 pair of Levi's.
COmparing measurements very quickly it turns out to me that the TCB have a lower front rise. 12 versus 12.75 for a W36. 3/4 of an inch in jean making are like acres in other fields...
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Cheers Dude. Can we get fit pics of the top blocks of both pairs (back and front)?
Just want to see the difference with the rises   
I'll try to get that done soon.
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by volvo volvo wrote:

fabolous pair of jeans Dude. your mention about the rise makes me itching for a pair, sounds like my kind of stuff right there.

[edit], just had a further glance at the measurements? 12.75 inches it's still a high rise in my books, you sure? how do you measure it? from crotch seam?

That's what I measured from the crotch seem to the top. It's not super high actually, but I like it. It's high enough. These are my favorite jeans right now.Big smile
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:46am
It's official.
The next project to come out of the Conner's sewing factory will be the s407xxx - a faithful repro of the 1952-54 507xx type two jacket with leather patch and one sided tab!

Inimitable N! View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Inimitable N! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:13am
^looks like someone may be reading my mind... thanks for the info Doc Clap
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:31am
No problem!
Seen a few originals (Marvin's) over time with a one sided tab, and this early model still used the back seam for larger sizes, so l'd imagine that would be an option for anyone ordering a size 44 up?

Edited by Dr_Heech - 12 Oct 2017 at 9:06am
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:43am
Looking forward to the s407xxx, I really like the s406XXX M-46 but I'd be more likely to wear a type II more frequently I think.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:07am
Hey Broak, your butt must be sore from sitting on that fence all year?   

Time to stop dipping your toes and jump on in!   

(The water's lovely..)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 161>
  Share Topic