denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post something here, anything at all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 5:53am
Damn shame, I've lived in Austin for the last ten years and while I'm not in the music biz I've never heard of that shop. They've probably gone under because of stories just like that!

Only denim drama I can think of is a certain Japanese repro brand going to a trade show and asking a vintage seller to buy some pieces. He set them aside for the brand and went off to lunch or something. While he was gone they went through his vintage stuff and photographed everything and left without buying any of it. They went on to copy and reproduce the pieces they told the vintage seller that they would originally buy. That left a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't looked at much from the brand since. Take it all with a grain of salt since this isn't first hand knowledge or experience, just what I've heard.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:45am
Not surprised at all Carl, when I played in a few bands (late 1980’s) The folks working at the music shops I frequented...
These folks were bottom feeders, they made used car salesmen look legit.

Bro- it’s strange, I feel and believe I’m correct when I say, most Japanese would never actually steal something- but when it comes to taking pictures, they have no problem stealing that way...this has never applied to me- since I’m not a dealer, I’ve always let anyone take as many pictures that they want- but from a dealers perspective, it’s flat out theft.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 10:38pm
Does anyone know a front load washer, that’s not a total piece of shite? Mine is, the GD door won’t unlock, if it’s not one thing, it’s another.
Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 8:08am
We have a Miele that has been in daily use for 15 years and counting. No issues whatsoever. 
Too much Denim - too little time...
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Denimetc Denimetc wrote:

We have a Miele that has been in daily use for 15 years and counting. No issues whatsoever. 

I read about that one, they compare it to the Speed Queen, only the one your talking about is cheaper...I have a Maytag
Front load- the thing is one problem after the other.
Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:23am
yeah, I don’t know how Miele are built today but ours is like tank. Lots of metal parts instead of plastic. 
Too much Denim - too little time...
Mr. Q View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Sansome Sansome wrote:

Does anyone know a front load washer, that’s not a total piece of shite? Mine is, the GD door won’t unlock, if it’s not one thing, it’s another.

Modern washers break super easily, but are also easy to fix. See if anyone's posted youtube vids about it. I had an unable to lock issue on my LG and just had to replace a $30 switch.

One of the maintenance techs at my work used to repair washers/dryers for Sears and recommends Kenmore - but I used to have a Kenmore and had to replace the controller on the washer, and had to replace a cracked coupling on the dryer, so your mileage may vary
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Mr. Q Mr. Q wrote:

Modern washers break super easily, but are also easy to fix. See if anyone's posted youtube vids about it. I had an unable to lock issue on my LG and just had to replace a $30 switch.

One of the maintenance techs at my work used to repair washers/dryers for Sears and recommends Kenmore - but I used to have a Kenmore and had to replace the controller on the washer, and had to replace a cracked coupling on the dryer, so your mileage may vary

We had the family- hand me down kenmore from the 1980’s, worked most of the time...A few years back, the mother-in-law offered to buy us a new washer, a fancy front load Maytag, with the steam sterilizer.
The washer is great when it’s working and I’ve started to fix things- cleaning the filter and changing the water pump, but now it’s the door- locking mechanism, I attempted to fix it, but I’m giving up.

We have a kenmore dryer from the 90’s- things a frigN tank, the repair man said...don’t ever get rid of it, the darn thing just works- I pretty sure I would tear my hair out, if We went with a new type of finicky dryer...too electronic.
Mr. Q View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 11:29pm

We have a kenmore dryer from the 90’s- things a frigN tank, the repair man said...don’t ever get rid of it, the darn thing just works- I pretty sure I would tear my hair out, if We went with a new type of finicky dryer...too electronic.

Yeah, too electronic and the sheet metal gets thinner and thinner, more vibrations, more breakage. I think the motors themselves are getting better though (except for the drain pumps which also seem to be getting weaker)
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 1:09pm
Any European bro's willing to help me proxy something from Cultizm? They're insisting on a 170euro minimum for UK customers. Bloody Brexit!!!
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282>
  Share Topic