Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post something here, anything at all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255256257 282>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 10:20am
Oy, lots to catch up on.

Hi, I guess I'm among the last remaining mods, and I've not been active recently, for which I can't offer much explanation aside from life being hectic. There was no particular event or drama that caused your moderators to all drop off at around the same time.

I'm going to do my best to sort all this out but to be honest I'm pretty confused about what exactly happened, what can be done to fix it, what needs to happen going forward, and how to do it.

I'm making a new thread to discuss all this:

I make things out of leather.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 11:18am
Originally posted by robroy robroy wrote:

Fellas,
If this is the end, it’s been a good ride and I certainly learned a lot. Y’all are class acts. It’s hard to believe this forum never devolved in to name calling or dumb arguments about politics like every other forum I’ve ever spent any time reading through.

Lastly; I have one denimbro dying wish. To see your face, Maynard.

I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:01am
I enjoy this thread too Gee..

The only other denim-forum ive been a member of was superfuture (along with many of you guys) its many other sub-forums were a scary and confusing place that i only dared observe from the relative safety of superdenim.
Now I'm not saying i want DB to be like this (perish the thought urrr Sick) but their WAYWT threads and many derivatives actually thrived on criticism, and when i say thrived they were a cultural phenomenon it was the birthplace of a lot of what we see today (albeit diluted) it spawned fashions, crazes, lingo...
Folks would get 180+reps while others would get 65-negs, some would get both. I never really understood what the fuck was going on but it was fascinating to watch. Folks almost queued up to have their fit's picked apart then get verbally demolished by other forum members, they might have been masochists, i dunno but they couldn't get enough of it.
It peaked around 2009/10 then came to an abrupt end when the forum mods decided to ban the most prolific critiques, the entertainment stopped, everyone left and the sub-forum's died a quick death, as i say i would fucking hate this place to be like that so i suppose my only point is that telling everyone they look great all the time whether their clothes fit or not doesn't necessarily attract new members, entertainment does!
Did anybody here actually participate in that strange world beyond superdenim?
I'll endorse anything for cash
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 1:44am
I made a New Year’s resolution to not judge people by what they’re wearing. It has failed in spectacular fashion.

Of course.
Helixing my inner beanie
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 7:20am
We were planing on a desert trip today- until I got a text saying our horse bit a part of my father-in-laws ear off this morning

Correction- it wasn’t a bite- the metal bridal slammed into his ear- big horse head slammed up against him.

Edited by Sansome - 06 Nov 2019 at 8:31am
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:50am
I fear- horsegate might be coming to a theatre near me
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 7:58am
It must be in the air- I’ve witnessed a few real world tense events, and last night was no exception.
I’m cheer dad now, my youngest daughter is a freshman cheerleader at the same high school non-riveted and I -met back in 1987. Last night was a parent cheer meeting, I came in a little late- took a seat in the back- 5 min later, the fur was flying. There’s been some bullying going on- in the 55 female cheer squad. I was raised and I suspect many of you older bros- like me- come from an era where bullying was a part of life (growing up in the 70’s and 80’s) My friends had this thing we called a Ted ( modeled after the old man in the Benny Hill show) we modified the Ted- it was usually a slap to the forehead and not a pat on the top of the head like it was on the show........that was until one of my friends- introduced the power Ted(this was a forceful open smack to the top of the head- and often they came in numbers- depending on who was at the receiving end) Back to the meeting- the coaching staff- had that deer in the headlights look, when one of the cheer moms was so upset- she was crying (deletegate- real world cheergate) what the hell is going on😜 thought I would share this with my denim brethren.

Edited by Sansome - 07 Nov 2019 at 12:38pm
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 8:04am
Doc- thought you were coming in on Saturday- guess your plane landed a little early😬
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 8:07am
Slapping people’s foreheads in my schooldays was known as ‘spamming’ someone. Those with large foreheads were known as spamheads. Spamming could be pretty vicious at times. This was all pre-Internet of course, as spamming now means something very different.

Sansome - for someone who is a published author, you have quite a unique writing style that appears to have evolved without the use of punctuation. I take it you had a good editor!
Helixing my inner beanie
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Sansome Sansome wrote:

My friends had this thing we called a Ted ( modeled after the old man in the Benny Hill show) we modified the Ted- it was usually a slap to the forehead and not a pat on the top of the head like it was on the show.......

We called that the 'Spam'. 
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255256257 282>
  Share Topic