denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post something here, anything at all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 282>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 4:04am
I used them to buy something from a US ebayer who wouldn't ship to the UK.
It was a buy it now and they did that pretty quickly about a month ago. Since then I have constantly had to badger them about arrival of the item. I received the final fee request last Sunday . $57 to post a hip flask to the UK. Since then I am still waiting wondering if it has been posted and for a tracking number.
I usually use FromJapan. Their service is exemplary.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 12:37pm
Ive just been flicking back to see if i could find some old wax jacket photo's, no luck but i did find this photo of my old E30, i put this on fleabay for £1 when my Mrs was preggers to buy a more sensible car, it sold for 650sumat quid, ive just had another look and these days you'd have to pay more like £6500 Doh!

The tax disc says 31,05,09 it was nearly 20yrs old Big smile
I'll endorse anything for cash
illumin8em View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote illumin8em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

Sunday musings... As society finally turns its back on plastics, It'll be interesting to see
how purveyors of bottled water will choose to package and market their
product.
When i was a young'un there was no such thing as bottled water,
we got our water for free dispensed from beautifully ornate Victorian
drinking fountains dotted around our parks and highstreets supported by
the council, i only saw bottled water in glass bottles while holidaying
in Europe.
My old man though it was hilarious that folks would pay good
money for something which you got for free from the tap akin to the
recent hype for cans of vicious-circle Canadian 'fresh' air.
The
bottled water companies have grown massively in the last 30yrs and i
can't see them letting go without a fight but whats their options..
cardboard? i'm sure refillables and drinks fountains will be
the way of the future err..past.

17 years ago I used bottled water and Orbit chewing gum to quit drinking and smoking. Within a few months I no longer needed the gum but the bottled water crutch persisted until about 5 years ago when a coworker gifted me a fancy Yeti tumbler mistaking that I was a coffee drinker. I felt bad and started bringing it into work just to drink water out of and I've barely had a drink out of anything else since other than at restaurants or someone's home. I don't know how I've managed to keep hold of it for so long, definitely had a few panicked moments of misplacing over the years but I've always found it again. I use it so much it's started to annoy folks. Because I only drink water out of it, as that's mostly all I drink it still looks nearly new as well.

Anyhoo, I've thought back recently about all the plastic bottles I've used over those years, I used to keep bags and bags of them because I just did't know of a proper disposal of them that I felt comfortable with. The number really has to be astounding, and appalling. I recently bought another Yeti that travels by bike better and I think in some more years if I keep this up I'll have broken even with bottles used and bottles spared.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 6:36am
Stella McCartney reckons that you only need to wash your clothes every couple of months...

Pfft! what kind of OCD behaviour is that?
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 10:59am
We took part in the 'Let's Ride' Sheffield event yesterday. Between 11am and 2.30pm they close the cities roads off to traffic and give 1000's of cyclists the run of the city, we all set off in some jostling melee from the park nr our house, it was pretty cool, we even got to ride through public buildings en route.. just spotted mini-soul and i amongst the press photographs, obviously we were far too cool for HSBC branded vests.

Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 4:00am
Media whore
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:01am
Y'know me, constantly clambering to be recognised.. think i might invest in a handlebar attachment for my selfie stick.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:21am
A fake moustache?
Helixing my inner beanie
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:41pm
Just found out why my iPhone has been taking such dog shit photos. It was set by default to a filter called 'warm vivid' or something like that. Don't know if it's something I did accidentally but in any case I'm glad it will work normally now.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 2:47pm
I hope the feet transplant Doc got are working out well
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 282>
  Share Topic