denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you watching? (TV)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
Author
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 10:28am
Yes. It's a trip. Somebody did a parody of it over here which was also very good.
EaseDownTheRoad View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EaseDownTheRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 5:48am
I really enjoyed 'Everybody In The Place: An Incomplete History Of Britain 1984-1992' on BBC4 on Friday.  
Worth a watch on the iplayer for anyone in the UK with a passing interest in acid house.

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 5:57am
I think I watched that too EDTR, was it the one where Jeremy Deller was giving a talk to the schoolkids, with plenty of focus on the miners’ strike too? If so, it was really good and was followed by an excellent programme on the roots of House and Techno.
Helixing my inner beanie
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 8:14am
I caught the last 10mins on Friday night, had no idea what it was and subsequently forgot all about it so thanks for the tip, ive just watched it from the begining.
I like Jeremy Deller's recollection, it's much less M25-centric than some other (sort of) 88-92 trips down memory lane but i think everyone's perspective changes depending on where you were in the country.

I'll endorse anything for cash
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:32pm
Chernobyl - a mini series about the nuclear plant explosion.

Chilling stuff about one of worst ever global disasters and how badly it was handled from denial to solution
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
likeacannon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote likeacannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:53pm
The Great Hack was wild and unsettling, but man did it lay it all out there. We're being sold for parts online, and we freely say "here, take this I won't need it."
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Duke Duke wrote:

Chernobyl - a mini series about the nuclear plant explosion.

Chilling stuff about one of worst ever global disasters and how badly it was handled from denial to solution

I was in a small village in Yugoslavia during Chernobyl, out of reach of the media, we found out about the meltdown by buying fruit from a street vendor who said that we needed to wash it before eating it... some elderly chap piped up and said that we would be fine because the wind was blowing in the other direction, making gusting gestures with his hands..

"Well that's alright then"

LOL
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 12:48am
You must have been a pup - I was there too at that time working for the, erm, government

TBH the old fella wasn’t far wrong, that area of Europe didn’t receive the amount of radiation others did. Encouraged us to wear our protective gear more than usual though ...
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 12:56am
I was indeed, it was a family holiday with my folks, the 'elderly chap' was probably 45.
Foxy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 1:28am
I was in Berlin out on lake swimming - on the way home it was raining and we tried to go for cover...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
  Share Topic