denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LVC analysis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 24>
Author
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome 2.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 10:26pm
Has any one seen a 2 pocket Levi duck pant before? When was duck discontinued? I'm pretty sure I've heard it said before?
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 11:37pm
^Ask sansome1- he'll know.
Sansome 2.5 View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome 2.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 8:53am
Originally posted by mr randal mr randal wrote:

^Ask sansome1- he'll know.

He doesn't know.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 9:33pm

Original  Levi button

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by entertainment! entertainment! wrote:

Here are some old photos I tracked down of the modified Oldest Oldest:

These were the only pictures I could find on this thread that showed the oldest oldest- Shank buttons were used in the late 1880's when the factory started up- Label belongs in the center- so far that's the only errors I can see with these pics- The wording label would have been different- in 1873 the label reads Levi Strauss and company sole proprietor and manufacturer of duck and denim pants. This is a darn good thread doc H- lets get it going again.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:04am
I almost forgot- at Denimbruin 2013 LD let bandit take any picture he wanted of the original clothing on display- we have really good pictures to go by now- seems like they would be useful in this thread.
Texas View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 12:15am
The one that I have has the patch in the middle. I think someone modified that.
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Sansome Sansome wrote:

I almost forgot- at Denimbruin 2013 LD let bandit take any picture he wanted of the original clothing on display- we have really good pictures to go by now- seems like they would be useful in this thread.

Yes indeed, bandit should have good pics of an early xx and duck pair, as well as the "1873" duck jacker and denim & duck pullovers. I had almost forgot...
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 9:50am
You're right Sansome (and I'm sure mr randal is glaring at me).
I feel somewhat ashamed that this thread has gone laid to waist. It would be good to keep this thread going, if only to see the originals in detail - thanks to pics from you guys. I promise to make time after Chrimbo to get some better, post-soak pics of the 1901 501xx and get back to the Lvc theme.
Sansome/mr randal, if you have any pics of OG 1901's, feel free to post in the meantime?

Edited by Dr_Heech - 12 Jan 2014 at 5:21am
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

You're right Sansome (and I'm sure mr randal is glaring at me).
I feel somewhat ashamed that this thread has gone laid to waist. It would be good to keep this thread going, if only to see the originals in detail - thanks to pics from you guys. I promise to make time after Chrimbo to get some better, post-soak pics of the 1901 501xx and get back to the Lvc theme.
Sansome/mr randal, if you have any pics of OG 1901's, feel free to post in the meantime?

My photobucket account may have to be deleted :(

Im curious- does your 1901 have a giant watch pocket- I recently had a chance to look at a turn of the century Levi #2- this thing had a watch pocket the size of a small back pocket.....wondering if the repro is the same?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 24>
  Share Topic