denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LVC analysis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 12:46pm
Never liked that felt-tip pen they used for sizing the labels.

Edited by Dr_Heech - 21 Nov 2012 at 9:25pm
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 1:00pm

Leather washer on inside of back pocket rivets and right front pocket side seam connection ONLY.

Half selvedge outseam. Front part has selvedge, rear section is overlock stitched, though the rear section also has the black guide line at the proper distance from the sewn edge.

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 3:07pm
From the outside...those are a really nice copy....Modeled after the kids duck pants in Paul T's book....I'm saying those pants are from 1891-92 because the label says every pair guaranteed.
silencejoe View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote silencejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 4:43pm
1873 DUCK

The others include "the Oldest Oldest<--
not sure about the year should be 1870 repro according to the tag"-2008, "1880 repro Knappave",  1873 DUCK repro

Edited by silencejoe - 22 Nov 2012 at 5:56pm
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 5:35pm
The knapava tool pocket or what ever you want to call it is from the mid to late 1880's.... Oldest oldest is from or could be from the late 1870's....the yolk less duck pants are from 1873 and as far as I can tell.... When they made the repro they put branded rivets and suspender buttons plus a arc on the back... The original duck pants that are in the archive have blank rivets and suspender buttons and no arcs on the back pocket.
entertainment! View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote entertainment! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 5:06pm
Sansome, do the original 1873 ducks really have no yoke?  I haven't ever seen any pictures of the original.  Have any been published?
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by entertainment! entertainment! wrote:

Sansome, do the original 1873 ducks really have no yoke?  I haven't ever seen any pictures of the original.  Have any been published?

Yes they don't have a yoke and I think the reason behind that is because they are such a giant pair of pants.... Like size 45 or 50 waist, I believe there is one really poor picture in a Japanese magazine. I was lucky enough to see some personal pictures a person I know took of the pants...I forgot one detail I left out of my description above, they have small unriveted cinch straps....they are probably a little older than the denim version I have, one thing we learned from the court transcripts of the King vs Levi Strauss court case....The first pants made and shipped by Levi Strauss in June 1873 were duck pants.

Edited by Sansome - 04 Nov 2019 at 8:56pm
silencejoe View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote silencejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 7:17am
thanks Sanaome so this is the original duck your mentioned earlier? if you don't mind i quote it here.

Originally posted by Sansome Sansome wrote:

The knapava tool pocket or what ever you want to call it is from the mid to late 1880's.... Oldest oldest is from or could be from the late 1870's....the yolk less duck pants are from 1873 and as far as I can tell.... When they made the repro they put branded rivets and suspender buttons plus a arc on the back... The original duck pants that are in the archive have blank rivets and suspender buttons and no arcs on the back pocket.

Originally posted by Sansome Sansome wrote:

Edited by silencejoe - 27 Nov 2012 at 7:24am
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 8:16am
No this pant is the one we found years ago^^^ it's hard to see... But this one has a yoke.... Still no arcs or riveted cinch straps^^^^^ this pair dates from 1875-76.
The Archives has one just like this one, it was found by a guy I knew.....This guy that found the pants Levi has now was killed on his motorcycle about 4 months after he found the pants.

Edited by Sansome - 04 Nov 2019 at 8:57pm
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 9:18am

Really great thread Mike.
So, let me get this straight : The 2010 duck pant (without the yoke) is more accurate of the 1873 original - the massive pair you mentioned pictured in 'The Jeans' Vol 1 (Jap denim bible c.'96), and the 2000 duck pant is based on the childs pair from the archives?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>
  Share Topic