denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levi's Not Vintage Clothing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_rocket_88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 4:29pm
Hi guys,

First time posting here although I've lurked for ages now. Picked up what I thought were a bargain pair of vintage Big E 501S from eBay but I've a strong suspicion they are fake. Originally bought from Thailand they're new with tags. Photos are attached if anyone can confirm I'd greatly appreciate it!

Cheers

the_rocket_88 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_rocket_88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 4:32pm

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:21pm
Look like Thai fakes to me.

(Which is why l moved your post here).

Edited by Dr_Heech - 20 Apr 2017 at 6:59am
LazyS View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote LazyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:38am

phony levi 501 "wash whit like colors" 
mostly been a work pair and have very minimal fading for the amount of wear. not a lot of puckering either for the amount of trips through the drier. originally tagged 34x30 but measured 35x34 , now measure 34x31

rivet popped off in a wash, still have it. always thought levis rivets were a peg thru a hole not  a cap. maybe just cuz their bootleg

the weft has curled  pretty oddly, washed and dried these with the pair of 505 many times. last time being on a clothesline.

had to replace a button that fell off these too.

patch is from a different pair that was on another pair before this

505 made in Dominican Republic
original "regular" fit. got these after they changed (ruined) the current fit into "straight"  with oversized low rise waist. before i went down the rabbit hole about repro's. 

thought this was a lee detail

66 501 irregular with screen printed pinstripes
really oversized havve shrunk a lot but still pretty huge for the tag. i wear these with a huge innercuff

551zxx 555 just got these off ebay amazing fit and love all the details

how i could afford these

Sympathy-4-The-Denim View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sympathy-4-The-Denim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 10:11am
those 551zxx are still one of the better repros, although they suffer from excessive hip flaring...

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sympathy-4-The-Denim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 10:16am
happy times to come for cinch backs fans. lvc seems to release a new oldest oldest with natural indigo
this fall. they look promising.
https://www.heddels.com/2017/03/editors-picks-from-las-vegas-market-week-fall-winter-2017/
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:23am
Hmmm... 1880 xx with non-sewn buttons which are branded? Surely 1890's? Maybe it's a typo
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sympathy-4-The-Denim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:43am
you are right about the buttons, which also confused me a bit. but all other features seem right...
maybe lvc change the suspender buttons before production starts.
Jamie_h View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jamie_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 6:39pm
Hey guys, excited to share pics of my first selvedge jeans purchase. Love any comments/criticism of the fit.  Does the cuff look ok? Wearing with RW Heritage Moc Toes.

Going to post a few pics and some detailed info if its beneficial for anyone.

Current production run Levi's 501 STF, Indigo Denim, 33" x 34". Soaked for 20 minutes in 109 degree water while wearing them, then dripped dry while wearing for an hour. Hung up after that to air dry inside.

Pre Soak/Dried/% Diff

Waist: 35.5/35"/1.5%
Inseam: 34"/32"/5%
Thigh: 13"/11.5"/11.5%
Leg opening: 8.5"/8.25"/3%

IG: jam_master_jamie
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 6:42pm
Looks good. Wear em hard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic