denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Denim and Work Wear related Books, Mags, and Mooks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denim and Work Wear related Books, Mags, and Mooks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 4:13am
My offering...

The best one by far is the top one which my wife very kindly had made for me from loads of pics i'd downloaded over the years. Many of them from the Superfuture 'cool distressed denim' thread.

Edited by Mr Black - 09 Mar 2012 at 4:13am
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 5:58am
your wife is amazing...
faithless, the wonderboy
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 6:07am
I'll tell her you said that :)

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 8:59am
Great stuff Mr. Black Thumbs Up.
Used to have the 'Jeans' and the 'Denim' mooks, but they easily fell apart at the spines - did you experience this?  Maybe mine were badly stored :(
What is the 'Boon Vintage' mag like? I have the 'extra' vol 1 & 4, but wondered what the vintage one had in it?  Years ago (1990?) a friend who used to run a shop in the Kenny market had several of the usual monthly Boon mags - loved them as they were the only pictorial evidence of really early Lee's and Levi's.
Weren't you gonna send me a PDF of the top one?

(plus...more pics of your beautifull 'Lambo' on the bikes thread if you dont mind Tongue)

..sorry to go on.

Edited by Dr_Heech - 09 Mar 2012 at 9:11am
Cinch View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 9:08am
Great reference for early horsehide jackets.

Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 6:18am
I've not found them to fall apart. I treat them very gently though. I'm (she) is working on a way of sharing the PDFs of the book. Currently you have to be logged in with her username to be able to access. There must be a way round it but we've not got there yet. I'll stick up some pics of the mook and also more of my lammy shortly.
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 10:10am
Dr heech- sent you a PM with a link to view a pageturner. You can download a PDF of the book or even order yourself a softback/hardback version but obviously you'd need to pay Blurb for those options.

If anyone else wants this link, just let me know

Martin
Nonriveted View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nonriveted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 1:11pm
I would like that link too :)
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Mr Black Mr Black wrote:

Dr heech- sent you a PM with a link to view a pageturner. You can download a PDF of the book or even order yourself a softback/hardback version but obviously you'd need to pay Blurb for those options.

If anyone else wants this link, just let me know

Martin

Got it, many thanks Mr Black - and kudos for the scooter pix!
rnrswitch View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnrswitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Azzaspec Azzaspec wrote:

For some reason I've got a hard time spending $25+ for a magazine.

Grow a sack. You wanna play with the big boys you gotta pay like the big boys. Just kidding.   I feel like if you've seen one lightning magazine you've seen them all. I get bored looking at them. If you're gonna get a lightning mag, though, you gotta get the "denim & work style" one. It has a pic of one stylish dude.;)
Too bad your momma's a bitch, cuz I totally coulda been your daddy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic