denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Denim and Work Wear related Books, Mags, and Mooks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denim and Work Wear related Books, Mags, and Mooks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 9:26pm
I have a much easier time buying stuff that is in English.

I bought one Free and Easy, and then have received a few as gifts.  Unless you have a translator program for your phone or something it's just pretty pictures... so yea 25$ seems like a ton to drop on them.

Joseph Hill View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Joseph Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 6:34am
Originally posted by rnrswitch rnrswitch wrote:

Originally posted by Azzaspec Azzaspec wrote:

For some reason I've got a hard time spending $25+ for a magazine.

Grow a sack. You wanna play with the big boys you gotta pay like the big boys. Just kidding.   I feel like if you've seen one lightning magazine you've seen them all. I get bored looking at them. If you're gonna get a lightning mag, though, you gotta get the "denim & work style" one. It has a pic of one stylish dude.;)

Switch is right about that.  Anytime I'm flipping through it, the wife comes over and says 'Ooh let me see.'  So I have to go to the page and say 'There he is in all his glory'

...Mike Hodis.  'But dear, I kind of even know this guy over here.'  'Hm, yeah, he's all right.  Kind of looks a little full of himself though.'LOL

Edited by Joseph Hill - 19 Mar 2012 at 6:35am
denimdart View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote denimdart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 1:36am
[/QUOTE]
I feel like if you've seen one lightning magazine you've seen them all. I get bored looking at them. If you're gonna get a lightning mag, though, you gotta get the "denim & work style" one. It has a pic of one stylish dude.;)[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Just bought my first & probably my last Lightening Magazine.

Here is my offering:

What book shall I get next?. Any advice denimbros?

Edited by denimdart - 11 Apr 2012 at 1:37am
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 2:29am
Is that 'Images of america' worth getting? Have hovered my finger over the 'click to buy' many a time but not having seen inside the book i've always held back.
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
denimdart View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote denimdart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Mr Black Mr Black wrote:

Is that 'Images of america' worth getting? Have hovered my finger over the 'click to buy' many a time but not having seen inside the book i've always held back.

I think so, but it is the only "proper" denim book that I have.

Gives on over view of Levis development over the last 100 years. The pics are a bit small, but useful as an overview.
Foxy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Foxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 10:36pm
Here's some of my recent reading - got some more at home in Germany and some more on my wish list...

(not included: volumes of mook/workwear, mono, 2nd, lightning,...)
Farhad View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

The Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Farhad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 6:59pm
Just got a copy of SZ magazine from Germany featuring Mike harris and my photos

http://farhadsamari.com
Joseph Hill View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joseph Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 4:36pm
Suddeutsche Zeitung?
fardin View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fardin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 10:59am
yes sueddeutsche zeitung, you can read it online too
http://sz-magazin.sueddeutsche.de/texte/anzeigen/37443/

Nonriveted View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Nonriveted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 3:03pm
We have a new book coming out this spring AMERICAN OVERALLS....524 pages of workwear that we have been photographing and researching, workwear ads, research, old photos.....that we have been working on for a year and a half now. The publishers is Mono Workwear.....Mr. Randal worked hard on revising our text and layout improvement, Bandit took amazing photos and shared some of his own old workwear for some of the pages. Russ, my dad coauthored this with me and we both spent the better part of a year pulling together hundreds of ads and articles on old workwear companies for the book. And of course Sansome was a major contributor to the huge Levi section and for sharing his collection of workwear........here are some random images (this is prior to our publisher making changes to it of course so may look a little different later) and sorry for them being unrelated, they are just a sprinkling of pages.
it has 38 chapters ranging from boss of the road to children's overalls......

photo above by Bandit

Photos above by Bandit

It will be offered in both Japanese and English, have no idea how much yet though......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic