denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Work Wear Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 127>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Dirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:42am
Have been reading and really enjoying this thread for a while now. Thought I would contribute in a small way with a photo of my great-grandfather. He is center of the 3 with the camera around his neck. I’ll have to double check with my grandmother to see what it was her father did for a living but I do know that she has mentioned he was quite an amateur photographer, so I’m hoping I can drum up some more of his job site photos from her in the future.

I like the guy on the left in this shot. With the cigarette dangling out of his lip, giving off the vibe that maybe he was the jokester of the group.
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:16am
I agree, Dirt, Mr. Cigarette looks to be a bit of a rascal, though smartly dressed.  It also looks to be damp work, whatever they are doing.
HP Sauce
buler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote buler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 5:23am
Photo from Montesano, Wa. No other info available.

Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 5:28am
Welcome back buler, we've missed you.
I'll endorse anything for cash
buler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote buler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 6:38am
Thanks Double O. I got a little busy with selling house and moving. Hope to be posting more.

B

Edited by buler - 03 Aug 2018 at 10:36am
buler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote buler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 8:37am
After hurricane, 1938:

buler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote buler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 6:12am
Triple pleat on right:

group_miners_zoom1
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 6:30am
That would be great to see colourised.
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
buler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote buler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 4:41am
Dowser. Nice low angle shot to add drama.

dowser
Joseph Hill View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joseph Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 11:24am
I've been to Montesano a few times. A fella there has a private Victrola museum on his property. Clothes and modes of transport have changed there since that picture, but not much else.
My coat has nine buttons, but I always fascinate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 127>
  Share Topic