denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Work Wear Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 127>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote denimdart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 10:45am
denimdart View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote denimdart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 10:46am
denimdart View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote denimdart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 10:47am
denimdart View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote denimdart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 10:47am
denimdart View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote denimdart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 10:48am
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 10:51am
Originally posted by denimdart denimdart wrote:

Denimdart.
Have always loved this photo - thanks for taking the time to bring this to denimbro.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 10:53am
Originally posted by denimdart denimdart wrote:

What's with the guy with the upside-down arcs on his Lee's??  (second from left)
drew View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 5:50pm

December 27, 1949. That's my dad before he was stationed in Japan during the Korean War. Can anyone give me an idea of what the woman is wearing? Levi's, I presume. What was the woman's line called at the time? (Maybe she's also wearing 501s?)
WTB MF XL XXL 36 38 ripped torn worn stained altered or otherwise
drew View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 5:58pm
Interesting side note: My Dad was a real renaissance man. Among other things, he built all of our furnature and made all of his own clothes (mine too, when I was a kid). He once made a toggle pea coat and carved the wooden toggles himself on a lathe.

When he was in his mid 60s and retired, he spent most of his time in the garage building. He made himself a few pairs of dungarees (not sure what pattern he used if any) and only gave them one back pocket. When I asked him about it, his response was, "I don't ever put anything in that pocket on pants that have them, so I figured I should just skip it."

He was quite a guy. 
drew View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 6:08pm
RM2 Tolson. USN work clothes. Japan, 1950.

Something tells me that this last picture is not USN Issue. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 127>
  Share Topic