denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Work Wear Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 127>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 10:51pm
It does look like it might be some sort of hide?
buler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote buler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:49am
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 11:09am
That dude is one frign Kool ass looking cowboy!!!

Edit- those engines are pretty cool too.
buler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote buler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 4:36am
Throw in some color from 1952. Echo Cliffs, Ariz.

buler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote buler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 11:16am
Navajo boys, denim tuxes. 1947

Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 3:09am
Been looking at old photos from Mexico, found this interesting one from Mexico City in the 1920s by an etsy seller selling reprints:

It’s probably just the bluriness because it looks like a triple pleat; nice hat and boots too:

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 11:21am
Sure looks like a triple, but I’ve yet to see any example of a triple pleat that made it out of the 1880’s? Arizona back in the day was very Levi loyal, I suspect it was partially due to the heavy advertising Levi did....I read in 1914- about the brand loyalty, amongst the Hispanics in Arizona, seems that had something to do with Levi’s success in Arizona. Nice photo
buler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote buler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 1:02pm
Adelina Ruelas  Box Canyon Ranch circa 1920

Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Sansome Sansome wrote:

Sure looks like a triple, but I’ve yet to see any example of a triple pleat that made it out of the 1880’s? Arizona back in the day was very Levi loyal, I suspect it was partially due to the heavy advertising Levi did....I read in 1914- about the brand loyalty, amongst the Hispanics in Arizona, seems that had something to do with Levi’s success in Arizona. Nice photo

Yeah, I wonder if someone stocked up on them in Mexico and somehow this was held onto or sold years down the line; the photos from this collection date about 1915-1930 so 1915 is the earliest this could have been taken.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Iron Horse Iron Horse wrote:

Originally posted by Sansome Sansome wrote:

Yeah, I wonder if someone stocked up on them in Mexico and somehow this was held onto or sold years down the line; the photos from this collection date about 1915-1930 so 1915 is the earliest this could have been taken.

Throw in Arizona weather and people holding onto jackets for a long time- it’s possible, would be great to
Look at the original photo with a jewelers loop- sure looks like 3 pleats to me?

Your ordinary 2 pleated jacket above^^^

Shit- just saw the- it’s a photo from Mexico City- Arizona Mexico, close enough
I have a friend that had a 1880ish Levi pant- with an ink stamp saying pantaloones ( spelling that wrong)
I believe Levi was exporting clothing down to mexico.

Edited by Sansome - 28 Jul 2020 at 9:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 127>
  Share Topic