Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freewheelers/Bootleggers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 508509510511512 543>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Terminator Terminator wrote:

As for a leather jacket, I might need to go the special order route, or be patient since my local (and facourite) store does get size 44s from time to time

Just follow your ususl M.O... go to a biker bar stark bollock naked, find some dude with a 44" chest wearing a Caboose, chuck him through a window onto a hot gas stove.. after that he'll be more than willing to give you his jacket, you might even get a pair of Buco's chucked into the deal.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 6:58am

Duke, all of your fits are outstanding #lifegoals.

Thank you - that’s very kind

By the way I’m totally offbase there with my bias that motorcycle jackets should be rugged leather and deerskin should be saved for “sports” leather jackets?

Deerskin is often used for work gloves because the leather is so tough, although I think there’s a number of factors in deciding what’s fit for purpose re motorcycle safety if that’s your question. However on basic thickness I know FW use (deer and horse) leathers that would be described as ‘racing weight’ (1.4mm+)

I think one factor that might play a part is the size of the hide. Smaller hides might mean a jacket has to be made with more parts, therefore more seams and joints which I thick would be the weak points
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 12:47pm

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 1:04pm
Looks like FW's take on the Lee 91B/191-LB jacket. The Lee had a chain Talon like that up until the late 60's.
Nice.

Edited by Dr_Heech - 19 Feb 2019 at 8:11am
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 1:52pm
Thought that might’ve got your attention Doc
Terminator View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Terminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:04am

Just follow your ususl M.O... go to a biker bar stark bollock naked
[/QUOTE]

How did you know?
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Terminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:07am
Duke, thanks for your thoughts on horsehide vs deerskin. I guess my question was more from aesthetics, I am used to seeing vintage biker styles in horsehide and more “sports” or “civilian” models in other hides including deerskin. But I won’t rule out the Sunset as I really love that back.
redchris View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 4:04am
Damn. Those FW leathers are nice. And available in 46. If the £ hadn't tanked because of brexshit I'd be tempted.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:58am
Where are you looking Chris? I’m not seeing anything new on the blog?
WillFalls View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillFalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 508509510511512 543>
  Share Topic