denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freewheelers/Bootleggers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 299300301302303 543>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 3:53pm
I noticed the crotchety attitude and was about to respond in kind, but the "wine" in his name made me think he might just be being comedic with his comment about "Bordeaux".

In all seriousness, I was somewhat cold to the burgundy at first, but Duke and John B. have shown me the light.
Sardine View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 4:03pm
The custom touch on the jacket looks killer 58!
On the Bordeaux topic I had a Gant cord version of a baracuta G9 in a similar color years ago and it paired really well with denim. I had a few friends who teased me about the color, but my wife (and I ) liked it so I kept wearing it.
Duke Mantee View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Mantee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 4:55pm
Bordeaux is certainly an interesting base colour to question - but often I find the way the question is posed says more about the issue rather than genuinely addressing the point . . . words for words sake.

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Duke Mantee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 10:17am
Fit pics are a no-go at the moment, but here is the 'grail' for Double 0 - however the question (to that good man or anyone else that wants to try) is what's the difference?

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Duke Mantee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 10:46am
A clue:

Snake View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 11:02am
Nice! I haven't seen a BR 601xx with a two tone arc before.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Duke Mantee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 11:23am
Maybe depend on the jeans you were looking at Snake? I've enhanced the darker gold thread slightly to accentuate the difference - it's not quite so pronounced, although it is genuinely two-tone.

Here's another clue:

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 11:46pm
Drooling over those two pairs Duke!
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Mantee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 1:23am
Goes back to what I've said before Doc - I think FW make very nice jeans (and denimwear generally) but I feel because their catalogue of clothing is so wide and varied that the denim tends to be ignored or perhaps even misunderstood.

I don't want to go down the road of arguing they are better than the Sugar Canes, Mister Freedoms, Roys, Ande Whalls, Ooes, the Osaka Fives, Levi's and so many more truly excellent brands (the size of the list alone makes that discussion impossible) but when FW themselves regarded their original '47 as a 'masterpiece' and then decided it needed to be improved you can see they are fairly serious and committed to creating something very worthwhile.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 2:30am
Dayum! Do you have this arc config Duke?

Can this green-eyed monster have a few detail shots, button backs, hidden rivets ect im interested to see what hardwear made the transition? are the rivets akin to the domed FW47,s or the flatter 51,s.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 299300301302303 543>
  Share Topic