denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freewheelers/Bootleggers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 520521522523524 543>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote denimsince65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 2:06am
That is one very cool jacket, Duke
www.wabashtees.com
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 3:12am
Thanks DS
The Librarian View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Librarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:27am
Fits you perfectly Duke.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:45am
Thanks Nate - a big compliment given your last ‘How It’s Worn’
Shibas_and_Leathers View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shibas_and_Leathers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:05pm
Any thoughts on freewheelers denim? I am thinking of picking up some 506xx type 1 and longshoreman indigos. 

dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 9:01pm
I have had both Freewheelers jeans and denim jackets. For repro denim, I prefer Conners Sewing Factory, but I thought the Freewheelers pieces were great. I certainly like the denim they use, but I know there are others here who know more than I do.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 4:54am
S&L, what’s your own view? Why are you looking at the items you’ve posted pics of?

The reason I ask is:

1. You must be impressed enough to consider them
2. An opinion on denim is a very wide playing field (unless you want tech specs)

As you can see DudeWtH says nice but second to CSF ... I could explain why he’s wrong but what would it achieve?

Tell us you own thoughts and I bet you’ll gain a good bit more insight
Terminator View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Terminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 6:23am

Freewheelers Neal chambray
Freewheelers 47 jeans
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:25am
There’s a minimum of two items that gets my vote for a FW thread

Looking good!
denimsince65 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denimsince65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 10:01am
An interesting comparison between CSF and FW.

For me (or so I believe) CSF are about producing as near as possible historically exact replicas of particular pairs of jeans.

And they seem to be very successful at that - although, I'll be honest, the price is too much for me. I guess I simply don't value that degree of accuracy as an end in itself.

FW, on the other hand, seem to be more about producing great vintage style jeans, which are an homage to old stuff, but do not claim to be replicas.

For me,IMHO, these FWs are far more stylish, and therefore the most appealing.

Other brands are available

www.wabashtees.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 520521522523524 543>
  Share Topic