Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freewheelers/Bootleggers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 468469470471472 543>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:34am
FW has been on a constant downward spiral the last couple years. It's all too goofy and ridiculous pockets thrown everywhere.
SLAB2 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 12:17pm
Well, there have been precedents. Some pieces of the older collections also have insane amount of pockets.
Ive been going over the collection and actually like that shirt with the two deep front pockets. Reminds me of something akin to what Sassafras uses in their designs. The olive pullover raincoat jacket is starting to appeal to me as well
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 12:22pm
I'd love to take a look if someone has a link. PM me if there's a privacy issue.
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 12:42am
Originally posted by shredwin_206 shredwin_206 wrote:

FW has been on a constant downward spiral the last couple years. It's all too goofy and ridiculous pockets thrown everywhere.

It's sad. I was so excited to go to the FW store in Japan and it was the only disappointment of the trip. There was hardly anything there and they've been getting too costume-y as of late.

CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:52am
I'm assuming the two most recent items on Genco are from the new collection. 

Regarding their breeches / riding pants, at one point I had seriously been considering a pair but the difficulty with that kind of pant is that the knee has to hit at just the right spot or they won't fit right. 

The other issues were that the pair I liked were about $700 & they're not the most versatile clothing item one could own.
hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 3:38pm
I don't see any reason to despair. Many of us became aware of Freewheelers at a time when there were half a dozen older seasons available all at once as old stock on Japanese sites. Seeing that much at once made it very easy to overlook the less-desirable pieces scattered throughout.

Now that we're all up to speed and the old seasons are sold out, each new collection goes under the microscope in a way that the older stuff never did. There's still been at least a few pieces to covet in each new release, for me anyway. If there were any more must-haves, I don't think my wallet could keep up anyway.
I make things out of leather.
A_See View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A_See Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 4:45pm
@CSL
   The Whirlwind and Outlaw shirt are still from the summer collection. There should be a couple more pieces left to come out as well.
Fall/Winter will be mainly updates to existing/permanent product and then mid-winter/spring will be the Logger collection.

@Hollows

I totally agree. As it is I can't afford to pick up every piece that I like every year.
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by hollows hollows wrote:

I don't see any reason to despair. Many of us became aware of Freewheelers at a time when there were half a dozen older seasons available all at once as old stock on Japanese sites. Seeing that much at once made it very easy to overlook the less-desirable pieces scattered throughout.

Now that we're all up to speed and the old seasons are sold out, each new collection goes under the microscope in a way that the older stuff never did. There's still been at least a few pieces to covet in each new release, for me anyway. If there were any more must-haves, I don't think my wallet could keep up anyway.

That's definitely true to a degree. We can't forget that a lot of their best items are ones that they do every year: Neal chambray shirts, all of their leather jackets, etc.

Still, I do feel like their pants in particular have been getting stranger and stranger over the past couple years. 
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:33pm
Pants and vests have always been too strange for me and are just getting worse.
The staples like jeans and leather jackets are always awesome.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 1:15am
Come on fan-boys! we/i complain when brands become too stayed lets embrace this new direction.
Saying that, I haven't seen it yet but im sure i wont be anymore crestfallen than i am with the re-cycling of past glories.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 468469470471472 543>
  Share Topic