denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to Denimbro - Introduce your self

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950>
Author
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 12:53am
Welcome!
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 3:22am
Welcome aboard!
maturin View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maturin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 7:50pm
I grew up in an immigrant family in Jersey, in one of those towns right next to the boys in the E Street Band. I'm about their age, look a lot like they do.  I'm also first generation American-born. We were struggling working class folks but I got lucky and made it through school. My Italian immigrant grandmother, widowed young, had been rescued from the Great Depression by an invitation to join the United Ladies Garment Workers Union somewhere around 1936. I would get to visit her on the factory floors with rows and rows of Singer and Union sewing machines.  So much of my interest in vintage wear and textiles began there.  Then most of my family served in WWII, the majority in the Navy in the Pacific, and I almost went to Annapolis but it was the 70s and it didn't work out.  So instead I got to see the world as a graduate student in languages, traveling in Asia.  When I ran into the Japanese Amekaji scene it seemed to me the perfect expression of the story that made me. I've dressed like this since, well, I was a kid. And my job now means I can wear a Canadian tux any day I want.  Nowadays the workmanship and the craft in denim is beyond compare.  I dig it all---especially Iron Heart, Dawson, Trophy, Roy, TFH, and Ooe in denim, Himel Bros, Schott and FCL jackets, Lofgren boots---and I still love the music, the cinema, and the stories that brought it all to life. 
"If you had heard him speak of wombats..it would have brought tears to your eyes..."
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:32pm
Very cool! ^^
likeacannon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote likeacannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:42pm
Welcome maturin!v Great story, looking forward to seeing more by you.
Genericguy View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Genericguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 3:22am
Realised I've never posted in here, although maturin's post seems to have set the standard for intros Cool

I'm in the UK, been interested in clothes for as long as I can remember. I found a note I wrote to my grandad from when I must have been about 8 and I was telling him about the Levis Sta-Prest trousers I'd just got.

I can remember buying 501s in the 80s but wasn't specifically into denim etc.
First time I became aware of selvedge was buying a Paul Smith Rea Ear shirt from the first range they did, I really loved the links with Japan. 
I still have the shirt and wear it sometimes, think it was 98' or 99'?

I found out about LVC a few years after it started but loved the idea as soon as I heard about it, there was a place that sold them in town and I bought a pair of the 1944 501s with the painted arcuate. 
Loved them and bought various other jeans over the years, but put on weight and it all stopped fitting me, so I moved on to other things.

Recently lost a bit of weight and suddenly had loads of jeans that fit me again (and some that need  a bit more weight loss!). I'm a bit of a hoarder so didn't get rid of much stuff thankfully.

Mainly been interested in denim but recently thanks to the pics here and other sites I've been looking at leather jackets and boots etc, have several pairs of Red Wings but might look for something fancier in the sales.

CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 8:31pm
Welcome, Genericguy!

I'm inclined to think those 1944s were the best jeans LVC ever made.
Cozzie View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 2:34pm
Welcome Maturin, are u really from Bristol, NY, south of Rochester? If so I’m only a bit from u, over in Ithaca.
Sup foo View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sup foo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:59pm
Finally decided to register. New to denimbro but not new to denim😂. I’m Gil, I’m from small town Dubuque, IA(home town is Oxnard,CA).I love long walks on the beach etc. I’m a production supervisor and part time stocker for a small grocery store. My denim is a reflection of my day to day. I’m recovering from a long struggle with addiction and now my addiction is back to what I truly love. DENIM! Well, that’s me, I look forward to contributing to this awesome forum. First picture is my current rotation. All washed and ready to go out for repairs. Second picture is my soon to sale pile.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Edited by Sup foo - 10 Mar 2021 at 4:09pm
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 6:38pm
Sup sup foo- welcome
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950>
  Share Topic