denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shoes that look better with age

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 168>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by illumin8em illumin8em wrote:

The first step to accepting I have a problem is admitting I have a problem?

Red Wings

I don't know if that counts as a real problem. Good job hunting illumin8em! BTW..I'd love to find one pair of decent Pecos boots
Borderstate View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borderstate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 7:48pm
Fantastic collection Illumin8em. What's the timeline on the gang?
rustbucket View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustbucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:09am
@davito Love the leather and toe tracks on your Buco engineers buddy.
iamcam View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamcam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:43am
Originally posted by illumin8em illumin8em wrote:

The first step to accepting I have a problem is admitting I have a problem?

it is, but what's to see there is not a problem in the sense of a problem - a problem is something else...but what in particular i'm not sure Big smileBig smileBig smile
theruggedguys.com
monomento.de
Mr. Q View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr. Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 4:44pm
Sutro shoes seem to age pretty well, really comfy too - kinda hard to see the leather well with the sun glare

rotten03 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotten03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 6:24pm
I wondered if you guys could suggest insoles for boots. I've got these great vintage engineer boots but I can't wear them for very long. The inside is absolutely rock hard and my foot slides around. I tried a full insole but the made the boot too tight around the toes. Does anyone have a particular brand or type of insole that they recommend? Maybe a half insole is what I need?
In case anyone is interested, these are the boots I lucked into. VEB did a quick write up of them back in the day. http://vintageengineerboots.blogspot.kr/2010/02/rare-1950s-herman-engineer-boots.html

Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 6:40pm
I use these in my Engineers. Work great for me.

http://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/delux-mens-3-4
hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 7:18pm
Those look interesting Ish.

I've been using these thin cork liners in my White's:

These are good if you like the shape of your boots but not the feel of the surface.  They add just a bit of firm cushion without reducing the size much.

I make things out of leather.
Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 10:50pm
Just a few more thoughts.

Superfeet call those a 3/4 sole, but they are much closer to half if you ask me.

They do an excellent job if you need more support in the arch and cupping in the heel but can't spare any space in the toes.

They are as hard as hard plastic (edit: well, mine are. But it looks like they have actually added padding to these too now). But oddly very comfortable.

Edited by Ishmael - 17 Sep 2014 at 11:22pm
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 11:17pm
 I agree on Superfeet- I've used them for years, including in my thin and flat-soled work boots, and they are very comfortable.
 If you need just a minimal profile and a slight cushion, plain old thin foam insoles from Wallgreens, like odor eaters, really will do the trick. Don't last long, but they are cheap.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 168>
  Share Topic