denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shoes that look better with age

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 168>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 2:48pm
Great score. Those boots are perfect.
John B
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 8:49am

John B
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 10:46pm
I got my Onderhoud boots in Maryam horsebutt leather. Given how awful the Indonesian leather on my brother's Sagaras was and what I've heard from other owners, I am glad that I went with this leather instead. The leather is not teacore, but they should age pretty nicely.

Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 2:08pm
Paraboot for Arpenteur Cambriole.

CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 12:01am
I love Paraboot. Have several pairs at this point. Those are super cool, Broark.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 8:15pm
I forgot to post these Flame Panda boots. He only sells on Instagram now, but he's a bootmaker from China who imports basically all of his materials and hand welts all his boots and on this pair (and I think all his boots) does hand sewing on the outsoles as well. His moc toes and monkey boots are my favorite so I got his monkey boots and I like them a lot. He does  a triple sole on the front which tapers down to a single leather midsole with a full rubber sole in the middle before the heel stack. Quality is overall really good. The midsole/outsole stitching is very dense and quite clean for being done by hand, but not as clean as White Kloud by any means. Upper stitching is also overall really good and quite dense, but not as neat or consistent as Clinch. Either way, the boots are worth a lot more than the price in my opinion (which is around $670 for this leather.) That leather is Maryam natural horserump which does include the shell part. It is quite different from the leather on my Onderhouds which is also Maryam horse leather, but this version has a lot more shell in it.

CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 9:27pm
Great! I was looking forward to hearing your assessment of these^^, Jake. To me they look close to the RMC monkey boots that Standard & Strange had in stock a while back. I really liked those. Didn't buy them but was tempted...
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by CSL CSL wrote:

Great! I was looking forward to hearing your assessment of these^^, Jake. To me they look close to the RMC monkey boots that Standard & Strange had in stock a while back. I really liked those. Didn't buy them but was tempted...

yes they do look similar and I like the look of both quite a lot. The Shinki leather on the RMCs is certainly tempting too.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:09pm
Here are some updated shots of my White Klouds in Badalassi Minerva Cognac leather. Definitely my favorite boots. I have some more update shots of some of my other boots that I will post soon as well.

LazyS View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LazyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 3:50pm
Please roast me

might get some solovairs....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 168>
  Share Topic