denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shoes that look better with age

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 168>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 8:02am

Puncher Boots by John Lofgren in Navy CXL
John B
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 8:46am

M-43 Horsehide by Lofgren
John B
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 3:37am
Hey John, how are you liking those horsehide M-43 boots?
I thought about getting them for awhile but the size 12 preorder sold out so I wrote them off, but I see that Speedway has a pair now and I'm tempted.
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 4:50am
They have exceeded expectations. A very comfortable boot made to Lofgren’s usual high standard. They pair well with denim & other materials & Lofgren has nailed it with the profile & wonderful interpretation of the vintage brown. The horsehide is thick but very soft & I have had zero break in which is usual for most of this companies great footwear.
John B
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 5:05am
Thanks John, I figured about as much. I got the Combat Boots last fall and I’ve been wearing them a lot lately. I like the profile of the M-43 and have considered the Boondockers but I already have a pair from Viberg so want to avoid doubling up. We’ll see if I spring for a pair in horsehide.
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 8:33am
I also have the he Vibergs & the Lofgren's are a much better boot on every measure.
John B
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 9:16am

Alden ‘Whiskey’ Indy Boots
John B
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 9:16am
I've been after a decent pair of Veldtshoen or cap toe boots for what feels like years. .Inspired no doubt by someone on here or Sufu. The construction's not that important to me if i'm being honest, just love the style and the zug grain. I've had various pairs go through my hands but they've either fitted very poorly or been in poor condition.

These Tecnics bad boys came up on Ebay a few weeks ago. My size (i'm an annoying half size) and in near deadstock condition so I had to take a punt and was the lucky winner. I believe they were made no later than the late 70's

I have no doubt they'll get much much better with age.

www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 12:15pm
There was a big veltdshoen phase on sufu well before DB opened - mostly whipped up by Paul T and that guy from birmingham who's name I forget. I got some Lotus shoes around then (which I've been wearing a lot this year, they're still rock solid)
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 1:32pm
I’m a good 5 years behind the curve 😁
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 168>
  Share Topic