denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shoes that look better with age

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 168>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 5:47pm
^^Agreed dude, my favorite out there right now!

^^^Double 0, I think perhaps the roughout leather would be able to withstand the muddy country rambles, but it's nice to have some boots (Wellies) that one can just beat up and not sweat over.  
Neil View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Neil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 6:54pm
One of our customers brought in these McCoy's sneakers the other day. They looked so damn good I had to photograph 'em. 

HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 7:17am
^ Angels with dirty faces.  So sweet. 
HP Sauce
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 8:31am
Prepping the Boondockers for combat

John B
AidanSN View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AidanSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 3:50pm
Has anyone washed their Lofgren sneakers or other canvas sneakers in the washing machine, or have any tips?
---
AidanSN
4444Design View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4444Design Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by johnb johnb wrote:

Prepping the Boondockers for combat

nice looking boots - which brand are they?
Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by AidanSN AidanSN wrote:

Has anyone washed their Lofgren sneakers or other canvas sneakers in the washing machine, or have any tips?

I’ve washed them; they curled up a bit at first but straightened out with wear. I didn’t heat dry, just air dried, but I’ve thrown Vans in the heat dryer and it was no issue (just loud).
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 7:51pm
I think I'd be inclined to first try a hand wash. While wet I'd also apply an oxy clean solution, scrubbing it in with a soft brush. It's amazing, the dirt & stains that stuff will take out.
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 8:00pm
Boondockers are Viberg
John B
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by AidanSN AidanSN wrote:

Brush the mud off, take the laces out, put the pumps and laces in a pillow case along with the cup of liquid soap (rub some soap into the laces) tie a knot in the pillow case this will stop them banging around the wasing machine, wash at 30 (high temps will f**k the glue up) stuff with newspaper and hang on the line to dry, iron your laces flat, Bob Dale's 'yer uncle.

When ive been for a bike ride i change out of my muddy sneaks and chuck them in the back of the car, take the bike to the jetwash on the way home and blast my pumps at the same time, often while wearing them, pressure wash, shampoo, hot wax and rinse, it works a charm...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 168>
  Share Topic