Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I never

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:31am
Never owned a pair of SC-47's without arc's and tab

..which makes me think, how much are Levi's-esque red tab and arcs worth to you?

SC-47's £118, NOS £185 = £67

Sugarcane's aside, would i pay an extra £67 on top of the cost of my jeans for red tab + arcs?
Yes! in a heartbeat, i would happily pay more, more still in the case of CSF Wacko
I'll endorse anything for cash
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 5:45am
I'm a sucker for a tab. Not so much arcs. That little rectangle of colour makes all the difference to me.

While not having a tab isn't a dealbreaker if i come across a bargain, I would invariably move or add tabs as neccessary, but given the choice- tabs & arcs YES!
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 6:09am
Originally posted by Mr Black Mr Black wrote:

I would invariably move or add tabs as neccessary
I recently bought mrs B some de-tagged 701s off ebay, and would like to attach a tab - how would you normally do this? looks like a fiddly job...
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 6:39am
Selvedge is usually a deal breaker for me as I have to cut it off then overlock the raw edges by hand.
Helixing my inner beanie
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:02am
Originally posted by killer b killer b wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Black Mr Black wrote:

I would invariably move or add tabs as neccessary
I recently bought mrs B some de-tagged 701s off ebay, and would like to attach a tab - how would you normally do this? looks like a fiddly job...

Assuming the tag had been cut off

1: unpick pocket thread & remove remnants of old tab
2: find new tab
3: put new tab in place
4: Look for right colour thread
5: Can't find the right colour thread
6: nip out to haberdashers
7: spend 30 mins deliberating about what thread to use
8: buy nearest thread possible
9: thread up the machine
10: machine jams
11. Spend 2 hours trying to get the machine working properly with that thread
12: Sew in new tab
13: unpick stitching cos your sewing skills are shite
14: repeat step 12
15: repeat step 13
16: Think 'Fuck it, that'll do. if anyone's staring at my bum hard enough to detect that the stitch length/colour on my right pocket isn't an exact match, then I probably have bigger things to worry about'.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:21am
I think most Bros would bypass the machine step and simply bang out a quick handjob.
Helixing my inner beanie
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:23am
Why do it with your hands when someone's developed a perfectly good machine that does it more efficiently?
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

I think most Bros would bypass the machine step and simply bang out a quick handjob.

I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 2:33pm
I never realised that a full life was empty without a baby
… and so it follows
I never realised days could have more than 24h in them

I never understood the need for fashion (yet I must follow fashion - of some kind)
I never went beyond UK borders until I was I my 20's … then I found it difficult to get back … what a wonderful world
I never have ever been caught shoplifting
I never had coffee until I travelled beyond aforementioned UK borders - now I would be very unhappy to not have good coffee (which is not filter, cafetiere or some other miscreation)
I never have managed to swim
(Even as a child) I never agreed (with) or accepted the bible (all variants are included) or any other 'holy' book regardless of religion
I never have ever lost a fight
I never have vomited whilst shitting simultaneously (despite the effort)

Edited by Duke - 16 Jul 2019 at 11:20pm
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
eastwest View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 1:07am
you’ve got to be in the majority on the last one, surely. The lady numbers in your house are growing Duke, you’ll learn to lose a fight.

Care to expand on the difficult to return to the UK part?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic