denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engineer Boots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 112>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 3:45am
Wow! That’s pretty incredible, nice job. Do you have any pics of the process? I would love to see them. If not, definitely document the next pair it would be cool to see how you put them together.
canucklehead View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote canucklehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 9:16pm
I have a few...
mlwdp View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlwdp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 5:30pm
My Wesco Black Horsehide Boss with buckles from Iron Heart and I also supplied the Vibram 430 half sole. It took me a while to find this type of sole as neither White’s, Baker Shoes, and Wesco doesn’t offer this sole. Neither does Nick’s.

I’ll take this over paying $1,000+++ for the Japan only 100th anniversary version.
vinny52 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vinny52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 10:04am
I have  pair of Makers (Japan) Horsehide Engineers that I've worn for 1 season. Here are some pics from when they were new: https://imgur.com/a/x8EW36M

They fit OK with some half insoles - but I'd like to have them rebuilt to my measurements + put on a logger heel. Who would you recommend? 
gonboogaloo View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonboogaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 2:57pm
Brian from Role Clubs can do anything
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 7:07pm
Brian the bootmaker is a master of his craft. He may be pricey or a bit of a wait but worth it!
Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 8:23pm
Dr Sole is also an option; not sure what pricing and wait time is these days but in the past both were reasonable and very good work.
vinny52 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinny52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Iron Horse Iron Horse wrote:

Dr Sole is also an option; not sure what pricing and wait time is these days but in the past both were reasonable and very good work.

Thank you all.

I did ping Brian. The cost to rebuild/relast is around $460. Still exploring options.

Will explore Dr. Sole - although I'm in the US and shipping to & back might be complicated.
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 11:49am
So I just got some Lofgren’s, the left foot fits great but the right foot I cannot for the life of me get onto my foot...
Any tips?   
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 11:54am
I've heard tell you can wrap a plastic bag around your foot to stop the drag as you shove it in, keeping hold of the bag so you can pull it out once your foot's in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 112>
  Share Topic