denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engineer Boots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 112>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Allwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 12:56pm
In the shop.....
Neil View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Neil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 6:11pm
Damn those look GREAT!
Allwood View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Allwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 1:31am
Cheers Neil,
      They go well with the Kapital Century 123's I bought off you Thumbs UpThumbs Up I own 2 pairs of Road Champs, Horsehide Attractions,  3 pairs of Lofgrens.....these modded Red Wings are my go to pair.....Until you can get the Buco Shell Cordovans in my size NeilWink
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:58am
Wondrous, Allwood.  I particularly love how the game plan was carefully sketched out.

I would like to do something similar to a pair of celastic-toe Wesco Bosses I had made years ago. 

However, being a rookie, I made the mistake of having them lined in cambrelle (which may be warm but it shreds my shins without mercy).  I've asked Wesco about removing that and the celastic-toe and the answer was "nope, not possible."

An expensive lesson in how not to construct boots.
HP Sauce
erk View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Aries Aries wrote:

If it really bothers you (and it kinda would me too), immerse the toe in hot water for about 10 minutes, and then shove in a shoe tree and newspaper until the shape is "filled out" as described by IH, leave for 24 hours.

So i tried this. twice actually. once for 24hrs and a second time I left the shoe trees and newspaper in for a week. Not much improvement unfortunately. They start out looking promising but as soon as my foot goes in the old familiar dent appears. 
its now driving me full on crazy. I talked to White's about it and they said they could "re-block out" the toe box. Thats apparently when they just put the last back in the boots for a few days. I dont know if thats gonna be worth it or not. especially if they ship them back to me without stuffing the toebox with newsprint. 
Neil View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Allwood Allwood wrote:

Cheers Neil,
      They go well with the Kapital Century 123's I bought off you Thumbs UpThumbs Up I own 2 pairs of Road Champs, Horsehide Attractions,  3 pairs of Lofgrens.....these modded Red Wings are my go to pair.....Until you can get the Buco Shell Cordovans in my size NeilWink

Well you've got a damn nice assortment there...those boots will go great with the 1-2-3 century denims. 
Buco cordovan boots...well...if you need bigger than an 11...I know a good foot surgeon who can trim ya down.
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:32am

Brass Tokyo

Edited by johnb - 17 May 2018 at 9:28am
John B
Aries View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:03pm
Brass Tokyo 28 months later.
meschan View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meschan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 6:28am
what is the cost of the upgrades?
meschan View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote meschan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 6:30am
Originally posted by Allwood Allwood wrote:

RED WING 9268 - BRASSED!!!

What are the cost involved?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 112>
  Share Topic