denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engineer Boots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 112>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:14am
Cheers Nikina!
            I've emailed and waiting for a response Smile
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 5:38pm
Those boots are stunning. You've worn them hard and taken great care of them.
Aries View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:43am
Ah bugger, time to stop fighting it. I'm a clinch size 12, not 11, so these boots have to go (thank god I have some size 12s I'm wearing in the meantime, along with my RMCs!).

A last quick clean and soft cloth polish before they hit the market. Beautiful boots, hate to have to sell.

smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 5:01am
nice pair Aries. Is this a natural pair or brown?
dislectic
topgearskin View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topgearskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 9:14am
So after wearing my Redwings engineers for the last 3 years I've been bitten by the engineers bug. I'd like to jump a little bit deeper and am thinking the attractions horse

A couple of questions (and you dear people OWE ME since you have stimulated this Jones)

Anyone kind enough to proxy them from their homeland to the UK?
Is the sizing advice still go a size down? My assumption is that the sizing is US, so would an englishman buy true to size?

All pointers gratefully received
smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:12pm
what size are you topgearskin?
dislectic
Aries View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 1:00pm
Thanks smoothsailor; they're brown. Oh how I wish they fit...
Fre-co View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fre-co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 1:33pm
Attractions horsebutt are a great choice. I love mine. I go to Japan twice per year. Next time is February, I've offered to pick up stuff for U.K. Bros before and the offer stands, but you probably wouldn't want to wait so long...

As far as sizing goes: mine are lot269 and I got a 10. I wear 9.5 in red wings and that size may have worked in attractions but the shaft is pretty narrow and I couldn't get 9.5 on in the shop even with the old plastic bag trick.

They are a complete bitch to get on when new, literally I ended up sweating and cursing.
topgearskin View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topgearskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:40am
I'm a UK 10. Thanks
illumin8em View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote illumin8em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 5:23am
Originally posted by topgearskin topgearskin wrote:

So after wearing my Redwings engineers for the last 3 years I've been bitten by the engineers bug. I'd like to jump a little bit deeper and am thinking the attractions horse

A couple of questions (and you dear people OWE ME since you have stimulated this Jones)

Anyone kind enough to proxy them from their homeland to the UK?
Is the sizing advice still go a size down? My assumption is that the sizing is US, so would an englishman buy true to size?

All pointers gratefully received

I had an early run of the horse butt Attractions. The size 10.5 was too big for me, I'm an 11 in White's Alden Red Wing and the like. They are fine looking boots but I didn't particularly like the angle they are build, it caused my foot to slide forward into the toe box. Attractions were fine dealing with through email.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 112>
  Share Topic