Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shut That Down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 36>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 3:09pm
Just so long as nobody gets hurt while running with scissors... 
HP Sauce
*lefty* View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote *lefty* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 3:12pm
The irony of a fella with a waxed mustache mocking another faction of hipster clearly escapes that jackass.

I'm hoping someone stabs him tableside in the femoral artery.
Mr. Q View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr. Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 5:39pm
Would love to watch a hipster/yuccie battle royale
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 1:34am
Originally posted by mr randal mr randal wrote:

New Years Edition*
3- Facebook and anywhere that encourages anonymous or otherwise consequence-free web comments. People who want to act out are at their worst when they don't have to look people in the face when they start dishing out insults. This is coarsening America's already coarsely divided dialogue and will allow the Trolls to inherit the earth.

Ive never been on facebook but i do dispair at the hypocrisy of youtube and their sponsors. They seem very keen to remove any form of nudity from the videos (and believe me ive checked) to protect vulnerable young minds from corruption yet beneath said videos there's a steady stream of vulgarities regarding how white peeps are 'just awful' and black peeps... well they're apparently worse?
The positioning of advertisements by cooperate giants like Disney, Procter & Gamble ect is just shameless. Having read in detailed txt speak how a young lady should be violently gang raped for not knowing that Bootsy Collins was on the Grand Theft Auto soundtrack the last thing on my mind is buying a firming night cream on my way to book tickets to see Frozen II.

Edited by Double 0 Soul - 24 Jan 2017 at 3:06am
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 1:57am
While im having a rant...

Why are there so many songs about sex marketed towards very young children?
The mention of sex doesn't bother me in the slightest when it was Franky goes to Hollywood or Salt n Pepper because it wasn't marketed towards 6 year olds unlike Little Mix or 'Disney slut' Miley Cyrus.

It was bad enough with the Playboy branded 'back to school' pencil case sets ffs.

This all became apparent at a recent school disco when i witnessed a group of 7 year old girls copying highly sexualised dance moves from a bubblegum pop video, just makes me glad that i keep mini-soul on a strict diet of Flatbush Zombies and Gravediggaz...

Whatever happened to Bucks Fizz and 'The Land of Make Belieeeeeeve'

Edited by Double 0 Soul - 24 Jan 2017 at 3:18am
redchris View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 1:56am
Hello redchris40,
We've determined that some of your listings haven't followed our Keyword Spamming policy. A list of the item(s) we're concerned about is available further down in this email.

You know they only do this when someone complains ? Like ebay have a clue that Jelado and Freewheelers are similar brands of Japanese workwear.

So someone, quite possibly a member of this forum, has been searching for Freewheelers, seen my listing and not thought,

" Mmmmm Jelado, Japan, similar shirt to what I'm looking for, not for me, but worth a look. "

Or, "  I'm only interested in Freewheelers, thanks."

No, they've thought

" How dare someone do this when I've had to go through a whole half dozen Freewheelers listings which are on ebay worldwide. I don't have a life or any friends so I'm actually going to spend my time reporting them. "

These people are the reason you can't list a pair of , say,  Sugar Cane Jeans and include LVC in the title. Even though about 95% of people searching for LVC would be interested in a pair of Canes.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 5:35am
I was selling a huge NAD Power/DJ Amp years ago, one of my first ever listings and it was up to around £400+ (I only paid £100 for it) then with less than 1hr to go Ebay removed it because of 'keyword spamming' So i went on Ebay and found around 100 separate listing for fake Levi's and fake Nike's from 4000+ Gold Star sellers and forwarded the lot to ebay with a note.. "At least my listing was legit, all of these goods are clearly fake and you stand to profit from the sale of counterfeit goods"
Do you know what they did about it? Yup Fuck All.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 5:47am
Did you have a NAD pre-amp and power-amp? I think my nads are getting a bit old and I could do with a new pair!
Helixing my inner beanie
redchris View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 3:37am

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/16/donald-trump-press-conference-media-criticism-not-funny

What do bros who actually have to live in the same country as this creep think ?

Edited by redchris - 17 Feb 2017 at 4:28am
rayw44 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rayw44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 5:50am
I don't find it funny. The press, the protests and the judiciary are the only thing keeping this incompetent, racist, misogynist, stupid, monster from enacting and carrying through on his various campaign promises. And I am so grateful that journalists are digging, people are fighting and judges are upholding the rule of law.

I've made it a point to subscribe to the New York Times and to call the congressmen and senator in my district daily to demand investigation into his ties to Russia, along with various other concerns (like keeping the Affordable Care Act in place). I encourage any other US based bros to do anything within their power to help keep him at bay.

History is going to look very unfavorably on this period in the Republican party's life. The majority in the senate and congress are, for the most part, spineless shills only concerned with enacting a substantial tax cut for their wealth donors.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 36>
  Share Topic