Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levi Strauss 1873-1973

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 131>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by BGB BGB wrote:

Just stumbled on these pics of what apparently is a lot 211...I know LVC did somesort of repro but I have never seen pictures of one before...

Are they commonly found?? whos got one? any info would be cool!

would be great to see some real pictures!

also who runs oldestlevis.com? fellow denim bro?

LVC did a denim repro of a very similar top in 1999 (no pocket flap) and one out of duck in 2009 or 2010. You can find them in the LVC catalogs thread.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Union-Made Union-Made wrote:

Those stamps look like Scott #136 Washington 3 cent stamps issued in 1870-1871. 

I believe they were the series after that one that you name....I think these stamps change again in 1878 or 79 if I recall? Thanks Union Made
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 2:25am
My friend Viktor- sent me this picture out of a Boon magazine he just picked up. It lookes like a Levi #2 from 1891, only this one has a double needle yolk. I always wondered when that change happened...I was thinking 1892. Note that it still has a selvage waistband...Note no lot number or every garment guaranteed. I will get some better pictures sent to me in a few days....I need this magazine!

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:08am
Btw Mike, I have theis magazine if you need any more pics/info.  I also have the volume 4 (denim jackets one).  If you want to buy one, they're usually £30ish from ebay - will look out for one if you like?
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 12:40pm
Sorry for the late reply Heech and thanks for the heads up on the mag. When you get a chance... Can you post a better picture of the boon mag pic I posted already.
JBT View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JBT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 2:51pm
I'm new here but very much enjoying reading the posts in this thread!

Wonderful efforts in researching these old finds both here and in the book - thanks for sharing!

setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 1:48pm
Will share these photos here since the thread does goes through the 60s.  This jacket is in fantastic shape, and I would assume it's relatively new (looks 80s to me), except for the big E used on the label, so I'm guessing it's from the 60s.  Denim is very Wrangler like in shade and feel, I assume it's sanforized.  Tagged dry clean only, 42L.  Gonna put it in the for sale section, because it will never fit me.  

By setterman at 2012-08-09

I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:04pm
Nice jacket setterman!!!
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 6:22pm
Very rad. 

I've never seen a western blazer like that, always the panatela crap from the late 70s. 

Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 8:56pm
Random ? maybe Sansome, PabloT or someone better versed  than myself in Levis lore can answer for me:

My dad (who is no real expert) was telling me as a kid in Canada he could buy 'regular' Levis but also heavier weight 501's  for winter.  He said they were a few dollars more a pair or something, and weren't typically available year round but more towards late fall winter. All of that being said my dad has often used 'Levis' interchangably with 'Jeans' like one might with Coke or Kleenex. It could be that the local catalog merchant offered heavier weight jeans in the winter than they did in the summer, but my dad saying 'Levis'  made me curious   if the 501 has ever been marketed in multiple weights of denim like he is claiming they potentially were?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 131>
  Share Topic