denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levi Strauss 1873-1973

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 131>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:41am
That arc, and the two tone stitching are both things Bootleggers produced (sorry to bring it up, it’s just coincidence rather than comparison)
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:58am
Iirc those arcs were used on a late 40’s type jean though ... kind of defeats the purpose then
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Duke Duke wrote:

That arc, and the two tone stitching are both things Bootleggers produced (sorry to bring it up, it’s just coincidence rather than comparison)

I hardly think it's coincidence Duke, knowing Bootleggers. Like l said before, it's good research.
Lvc used the two tone stitching on their 1944 model too.
I did ask Yoshiaki to please post more detailed pics of the two Nos 42's but the next pic he posted was more unclear than the first (is he hiding something?)
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Originally posted by Duke Duke wrote:

I hardly think it's coincidence Duke, knowing Bootleggers. Like l said before, it's good research.
Lvc used the two tone stitching on their 1944 model too.
I did ask Yoshiaki to please post more detailed pics of the two Nos 42's but the next pic he posted was more unclear than the first (is he hiding something?)

I can't tell if he's hiding something or he just doesn't care. Either way, I wish he did more direct comparison pictures showing how his jeans are similar to the originals.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 8:53am
Maybe after this weekend's event (showcasing the new 42 model) he will release more?
Tbh the pairs he's been studying belong to collectors who may not want him to show the details. This used to happen all the time pre-internet. Keeping the info to themselves.
Or as someone has pointed it out, maybe they are fakes? Sansome has said previously that if you were going to fake a pair, then they would have to be new-old stock to be remotely convincing? Although in my mind it's a lot of trouble to go through unless you're trying to sell them for big money.
And then there's the pocket flashers...

Edited by Dr_Heech - 02 Apr 2019 at 9:27am
b_F View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote b_F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 12:14pm
When I talked to Konaka-san he was very hesitant to tell me any details about the owner. So I guess you are right, the collectors don't want him to show too much.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 12:36pm
Wait.. what? You got to see the deadstock 42's??

[Edit] wait a goddam minute. Your part of this conspiracy aren't you b_F?
How many pairs of bucklebacks did it take to buy your loyalty to be part the secret golden circle?

Edited by Dr_Heech - 02 Apr 2019 at 1:08pm
b_F View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote b_F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:11am
Nah mate, just chatted with him on IG. Sorry for the confusion!
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 2:47am
No confusion, just leg pulling. Anyway he's put three more close up pics on lg just to tease us Levis fanboys.
CaskAleDrinker View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaskAleDrinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 4:56am
Originally posted by denimsince65 denimsince65 wrote:

Originally posted by CaskAleDrinker CaskAleDrinker wrote:

I think it is somewhat unlikely that someone mentioned guineas when buying jeans as "guineas" were used by posh people when paying for services, say paying an artist for a piece of art ie it was for gentlemen to pay for posh services, where as tradesmen, plumbers etc were paid in "pounds and shillings". Unless I guess if it was a very posh shop selling Levis on Savile Row...

So you think it was easier to say "fourteen pounds, fourteen shillings" than "fourteen guineas"?

OK, have it your way.....

Except they would've more likely said "fourteen-fourteen", all I'm saying is that a working man did not use guineas when he talked or paid, but pounds, quids, bobs, half a crowns etc. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 131>
  Share Topic