FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levi Strauss 1873-1973

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 131>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
silencejoe View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silencejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 3:03am
Originally posted by Sansome Sansome wrote:

My father-in-law and I did some long range errands today, we thrifted on the way back home. I scored this 70’s dragon
Bong for a $1, then hit 2 crappy thrift stores in a row…said F-it, let’s head for home, 5 miles down the road, nah- let’s hit one more- father-in-law brings me a pant, says you should look at this. I can tell denim looks old, as he’s holding it up- I see hidden rivets- shows me it’s a big E ( I know he doesn’t know what he has) I look at the back of the one sided Tab
I couldn’t believe it.

34/35 waist 29/30 L

I’ll post some pictures tomorrow

Oh man, it cost 2k up on ebay now aday

By the way it is my size
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:13am
Amazing! I gave up looking in thrift stores years ago. Maybe I shouldn't have quit.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:09am
My father-in-law and I did some long range errands today, we thrifted on the way back home. I scored this 70’s dragon
Bong for a $1, then hit 2 crappy thrift stores in a row…said F-it, let’s head for home, 5 miles down the road, nah- let’s hit one more- father-in-law brings me a pant, says you should look at this. I can tell denim looks old, as he’s holding it up- I see hidden rivets- shows me it’s a big E ( I know he doesn’t know what he has) I look at the back of the one sided Tab
I couldn’t believe it.

34/35 waist 29/30 L

I’ll post some pictures tomorrow
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote silencejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Denimseeker Denimseeker wrote:

Nice one Joe,
Judging from the paper patch fragment I will put it late 50s early 60s, what do you think?

Yes i guess early 60s
Ijust found dr. information are very helpful

https://www.denimbro.com/thrifters-thread-levis-501-1960s1990s_topic2908.html
Denimseeker View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 4:31am
Nice one Joe,
Judging from the paper patch fragment I will put it late 50s early 60s, what do you think?
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote silencejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 6:11am
50s levis

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 7:15pm
Most were big sizes 40 & 42 W then 27w
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silencejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Sansome Sansome wrote:

Has anyone noticed the unusual amount of deadstock Levi’s surfacing from the 60’s and 70’s? I noticed it on Instagram months ago, then I was contacted to buy some- someone over in Europe had a large collection, I don’t know if the died or what happened, for a lucky few, dozens of pairs were picked up for next to nothing....I got ahold of 9 pairs ( I paid good money) I’ll post some of the pairs that I got- here.

Wow lucky you im looking for some size 36 to 34 deadstock
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:30am
Has anyone noticed the unusual amount of deadstock Levi’s surfacing from the 60’s and 70’s? I noticed it on Instagram months ago, then I was contacted to buy some- someone over in Europe had a large collection, I don’t know if the died or what happened, for a lucky few, dozens of pairs were picked up for next to nothing....I got ahold of 9 pairs ( I paid good money) I’ll post some of the pairs that I got- here.
gcdrygoodsco View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote gcdrygoodsco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 3:36pm
Your question is complicated.  The weight of denim in the old days was based on linear yards to the pound, and was normally about 28" in width, finished.  This requires a conversion.  Many companies, no name-dropping, have "reproduced" with historical accuracy, without the key piece of knowledge that conversion is required.  Sadly, some of these brands have spent money on marketing just how accurate their reproduced cloth is, but if you directly compared it to an original, it wouldn't feel similar at all.  The shade might be right, and the harness count matched, but this doesn't guarantee the knowledge related to loomstate and the method of weighing was taken into consideration. Thus, the only answer that is logical is:  it depends on the cloth, the mill that produced it, and the brand that cut and sewed it.  

I hope that answer helps satisfy your question.  

Greetings from Greensboro, NC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 131>
  Share Topic