denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BRASS Tokyo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 33>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Ben Ben wrote:

I'd love to see evo.

I think these look really awesome with a slightly higher heel than what I've seen, and I think how 00's are. Do yours have a higher heel smoothsailor?

Some of the side shots didn't do it for me and I think that's what it was. Also like the more square buckle as opposed to the rectangular...

I agree , but now that I see these they look so much better broken in because the toe flattens and the vamp conforms to the top of the foot, it doesn't look as "long"
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 1:09am
Smoothsailor- I don't have much more evo than yours im trying to keep at least one pair of boots looking swish avoiding the scuffs and paint splats that dog all my other boots.

I first read about the water trick (i was discussing it recently with indigo_eagle i think) around the military boot blogs, squaddies soaking their leather boots and marching them dry. Its also spoken of at length around the cowboy boot forums by fellas who are also splurging $1000+ on their footwear but this is all well and good if you live with a climate where its hot enough to walk a pair of boots dry in 3-4 hours where i live it would take 3-4 weeks. If you take the boots off before fully dry the leather can contract back sometimes tighter than where you started.

I have also read about faster results obtained through another technique of freezing where you spray the boots with Isopropyl line them out with a plastic bag and fill it with water, place them in a chest freezer the water turns to ice and expands by 5% or so giving you instant stretch.

Ben- Two reasons why i went with the block heel instead of stack.
1st up i wanted them to look different from other engineer boots that i own if you are chasing the perfect engineer boot you can end up with 3-4 pairs that look very much the same. Imo they suit an uncuffed wider hem/looser leg denim more so than the later inspired Buco.
2nd there is not much space in the toe box and i didn't want extra pressure on my toes, the JL,s have a flat toe and my little toes can sometimes become sore after prolonged wear because of the lack of space this would be compounded with the narrow fitting/stacked heel.

Bobo- Im all for a little experiment but stripping the dye? thats just crazy talk!
Ben View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 1:27am
Gotcha 00, makes sense, diversity is always good.

Bobo, don't fuck with them, you'll probably just ruin them. Enjoy them, they look awesome hand dyed!
davito View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 4:00am
Bobo i have linked you some days ago to @loveusame on IG he somehow "shaped" the dye off his P&L narrows. I wouldnt do it myself, i Love the overdyed leather on mine workshoes and laceups.
those overdyed narrows just look fantastic imho just wear and enjoy them man

Edited by davito - 19 Aug 2015 at 4:12am
Bobobears View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 5:16am
Originally posted by davito davito wrote:

Bobo i have linked you some days ago to @loveusame on IG he somehow "shaped" the dye off his P&L narrows. I wouldnt do it myself, i Love the overdyed leather on mine workshoes and laceups.
those overdyed narrows just look fantastic imho just wear and enjoy them man

They do look good but I have 9000 brown boots. Mabey I could dye them black so with wear the brown comes back, anyone know about that process?
Ben View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:00am
Smooth sailor, are you unhappy the left boot is noticeably shorter than the right? Seems weird to me...
Bobobears View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Ben Ben wrote:

Smooth sailor, are you unhappy the left boot is noticeably shorter than the right? Seems weird to me...

I feel like it could be a size lower. If you look at the picture from the back the whole boot even the back stay looks smaller
smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 11:48am
Ben, I don't mind it at all. Bobo, the backstay indeed is a bit smaller, some other measurements are also smaller, wouldn't a size smaller. It doesn't fit smaller.

Double O, wise decision on the heel and keeping them nice. Brian from Role club mentioned to use rub alcohol on the part that needs stretching. Somehow the alcohol enters the pore's of the leather easily. 

dislectic
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 12:12pm
It relaxes the fibers and allows the stretch, I did a little demo in the shoes thread a few years back using Isopropyl and "home made" wooden stretchers.
Bobobears View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

It relaxes the fibers and allows the stretch, I did a little demo in the shoes thread a few years back using Isopropyl and "home made" wooden stretchers.
I personally tried the alcohol method with Santa Rosa boots by zip, they didn't budge a millimeter. After about 6-8 tries soaked vamp in alcohol and wore them till dry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 33>
  Share Topic