denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Observations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 7:37am
We have all of the above 00- and we have a great deal of the lovely, upstanding 1% biker types around here- I live off the main road that takes you to a biker bar- named cooks corner- about 15 miles from my place.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 8:00am
Sons of Accountancy
Helixing my inner beanie
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 11:14am
Indeed maynard as anarchic as afternoon tea.

Originally posted by Mr Black Mr Black wrote:

Is this place Matlock by any chance?

You've got it mr b, Matlock Bath, just down the road from Smedley Mills.
The Sundays were like a powder keg in the 80,s with casual violence between skinheads and biker gangs breaking out willy-nilly.
All now disbanded to congregate in lesser but better natured numbers on the bank holidays, the rest of the summer its like Quadrophenia after the weekend with just the recently moneyed 50 somethings who have cashed in their pensions to 'live the dream' of buying into the peripheries of a contrived scene.
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

Sons of Accountancy

The Belfast episodes in this were soo cringe worthy and unrealistic i had to stop watching
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 11:18am
You'll be hearing from their lawyers!!!
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 11:40am
I thought the accents were great and the cicadas chirping at night sounded very realistic!
Helixing my inner beanie
smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 11:41am
worked in a few shops owned by the above mentioned motor riders, it was quite interesting I have to say.
I have a strong bias towards bikers since.
dislectic
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 2:05am
'Bare foot runners' what's the deal with those guys? I never used to see them in the countryside but i see them regularly on my ride home.
They're not covered in tech and compression wear like most runners, they work alone, their running gear is old sun-bleached nylon, they look gnarley and bearded like they've just completed the des Sables but they run on their tippy-toes in a style akin to a prancing horse??

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 3:04am
Read 'Born to Run' by Christopher McDougall and all will be revealed - Tarahumara Indians in the copper canyons of Mexico running in sandals inspired a trend, which probably hit its peak a few years ago. I like the idea but try to run with more of a mid-foot strike wearing shoes with a lower drop and avoid the shuddering heel strike, rather than go the whole hog with vibram fivefingers or other minimalist/no-drop shoes. 
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:36am
Thanks old chum, i can probably borrow that book, i'm sure i've seen it on a friends bookshelf.

Now, can you tell me why Uber drivers are constantly trying to kill me?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
  Share Topic