denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sneakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 85>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 5:55pm
I've wanted them ever since they came out and with the sale I could finally justify them to myself.

The black sole throws me off too much. If they did a white soul, I would buy the denim and kakishibu sneakers in half a second.
Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:10pm
I'd grab a pair if they had a 12. (and if they didn't stamp "Self Edge" on them).

IMO the natural gum were the best soles.

Really like these from Nigel Cabourn (made by Moonstar). Just about perfect. Alas no large sizes.

dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:17pm
The natural gum were pretty great. I wish I could find a pair of the navy in 9.5, but I missed out. 

I almost like those, but would prefer if the canvas didn't have the pattern on it.
Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:18pm
Congrats dude, those will look great with some denim bleed on the hi-top portion. Cool
Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:21pm
I wasn't convinced at all when I got the JL camo version. But I'm a huge fan now. Patterns are good for big feet, especially for low tops. They easily look like clown shoes in monotone.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Iron Horse Iron Horse wrote:

Congrats dude, those will look great with some denim bleed on the hi-top portion. Cool

Thanks! I'll be interested to see how much bleeding I will get because I cuff everything so I won't get as much direct indigo contact.

@Ishmael - That does make sense. Not my personal preference, but converse-type sneakers can look a bit long at times.
illumin8em View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illumin8em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Ishmael Ishmael wrote:

for big feet, especially for low tops. They easily look like clown shoes in monotone.

Amen brother. I've decided to go the route of the ever increasing wide leg pant to hide my large feet under. My current spindly frame doesn't help matters
DarinS. View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarinS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by dudewuttheheck dudewuttheheck wrote:

Originally posted by DarinS. DarinS. wrote:

I've got the Made in USA Flyers in navy with the gym steps striping. Comfortable shoes, but with the pigskin lining they can be a little warm for summer time wear. I'm a 9.5 D and the 9 fits pretty well. I would try before you buy if possible for the best fit.

How long have you had them? What's your opinion on the quality and durability?

I've had them for about a year and a half. They hold up pretty well so far, but I don't wear sneaks too often. More of a boot guy. I've also got a pair of sandlots that are not lined like the US made. A little more comfortable in the warmer weather. I will say that after years of Converse the Flyers comfort level on the insoles is far superior to Converse for me.
Okay
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:02pm

Originally posted by dudewuttheheck dudewuttheheck wrote:

I've got the Made in USA Flyers in navy with the gym steps striping. Comfortable shoes, but with the pigskin lining they can be a little warm for summer time wear. I'm a 9.5 D and the 9 fits pretty well. I would try before you buy if possible for the best fit.

How long have you had them? What's your opinion on the quality and durability?

I've had them for about a year and a half. They hold up pretty well so far, but I don't wear sneaks too often. More of a boot guy. I've also got a pair of sandlots that are not lined like the US made. A little more comfortable in the warmer weather. I will say that after years of Converse the Flyers comfort level on the insoles is far superior to Converse for me.

I'm generally a boot guy as well. I went to Self Edge today and found the PF USA to be far too bulky for me and I also fell even more in love with the Lofgrens and picked them up instead.

The PF Flyers ere quite comfy, though.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:45am
I eventually managed to track down a deadstock pair of Black Buckweat Hi to complete the hat-trick.

The stitch-through on the foxing tape is rather quirky, its like the chainstitch run-off of the sneaker world.

They're usually a rarely seen and difficult pick up but a Rakuten seller called 'ragtagonline' listed 70+ pairs on Yahoo last month, sadly most are in the brown colour and very small sizes but if you can find your size, for $40 you really cant go wrong for MiA pumps. I was lucky enough to get the only pair of black listed in my size.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 85>
  Share Topic